PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure

SHADO
31-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey guys,

I know this topic has been discussed several times, but couldnt quite find what i was looking for.

After getting an oil change done a few days ago, my oil pressure at idle now sits just above the 2.5 mark, between 12 and 1 o'clock. Before the oil change it sat dead on 2.5 from memory

Noticed when i gave it full throttle in a lower gear it went up to and past 5 i think, off the clock.

Is this normal? I only ask as i never really noticed how high up it went before the oil change.

Car is a 2007 E1 GTS.

gerry9029
31-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Mine sits around there on idle. When the oil is cold it goes over 5 on full throttle but when the oil is hot it will reach 5 just as the revs reach the redline.

SHADO
31-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Mine sits around there on idle. When the oil is cold it goes over 5 on full throttle but when the oil is hot it will reach 5 just as the revs reach the redline.

I've never hit full throttle on cold so wouldnt have a clue, i change gears at no higher then 3k rpm until its up to temp.
But yeh sounds about right, as i was giving it a hit the other day looked over and saw the needle approaching the 5.
I'll take more notice of it when i take it out this weekend...

gerry9029
31-08-2011, 11:05 PM
yeah when I say full throttle I don't mean big revs I just mean putting the foot down in the lower rev range....

SHADO
01-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Yeh i took it out briefly last nite, and after it was warmed up i gave it a bit of a hit, and it was slowly climbing towards 5 the higher the revs went, so all looks good.

At idle sits at about 2.7, only thing that annoys me is how long it takes these cars to get to operating temp, takes at least 10 minutes of babying or more.
I always have someone tailgating me for the first 10mins of driving as i drive so slow lol

07GTS
01-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Yeh i took it out briefly last nite, and after it was warmed up i gave it a bit of a hit, and it was slowly climbing towards 5 the higher the revs went, so all looks good.

At idle sits at about 2.7, only thing that annoys me is how long it takes these cars to get to operating temp, takes at least 10 minutes of babying or more.
I always have someone tailgating me for the first 10mins of driving as i drive so slow lol

ha ha yea im the same i dont like goin over 2500rpm till i see some heat in the oil, aah but summer is comming so it'll only be a 5 min wait :D