PDA

View Full Version : Another MRC question (for people who've lowered them)

Silver Spur
22-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Morning all,

I was just wondering that since I've lowered my car with H&R Springs, should I run the MRC in performance mode rather than track? I used to leave it on track all the time before lowering it.

I guess that with the reduced amount of travel, it would be safer to keep the suspension on performace mode to reduce the amount of stress placed on the MRC struts with the lowered ride height.

Am I correct in assuming this? It would be interesting to get the peoples opinions on this.

OHSVGTS
22-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Hey mate,

Dont quote me on this but Im looking at lowering my GTS too and I think if you go any lower than 20mm you need to turn off your MRC. Walkinshaw do a MRC coilover package that allows you to keep the MRC on but only lowers the car approx 20mm from standard. If you go any lower you run a risk of doing damage.

Anyone else have any feedback?

Cheers

Silver Spur
22-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Mine looks to have dropped around 15mm and I'm waiting for the springs to settle so that should drop it another 3-5mm.

And it corners so much sweeter now!!!

SHADO
22-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Hey mate,

Dont quote me on this but Im looking at lowering my GTS too and I think if you go any lower than 20mm you need to turn off your MRC. Walkinshaw do a MRC coilover package that allows you to keep the MRC on but only lowers the car approx 20mm from standard. If you go any lower you run a risk of doing damage.

Anyone else have any feedback?

Cheers

I think you meant they do a spring package, there's no such thing as an MRC coilover

SHADO
22-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Morning all,

I was just wondering that since I've lowered my car with H&R Springs, should I run the MRC in performance mode rather than track? I used to leave it on track all the time before lowering it.

I guess that with the reduced amount of travel, it would be safer to keep the suspension on performace mode to reduce the amount of stress placed on the MRC struts with the lowered ride height.

Am I correct in assuming this? It would be interesting to get the peoples opinions on this.

I dont think it would make any difference, with the MRC on now you will actually get less shock travel as opposed to when its off.

All the MRC does is send a current through the shock.

With that theory (that the shock travels less with MRC on), it would seem that having it on would actually be better for it?

Andrew_02
22-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Lowering should improve cornering and look better their should be a few cms of lowering before the lowest point is at 115mm? the legal limit, BUT is it just my whale with standard MRC and 19s or do others bottom out just leaving some driveways? Im not sure if the axles are further apart or not, be great to have adjustables ive already had to reverse out of underground parking and that was after removing the wife at 50kgs didnt help.
90% of the time its my front bumper hitting