PDA

View Full Version : Black paint questions

Krew-Zing
17-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey all

I have tryed the search to try find the answer to this question but nothing came up, i own a black ve clubby and ive tried quite a few products in keeping my car looking mint.

I am just wondering does anyone know of any products that seem perform better on black paint?

*note* I also can not buff or anything like that due to having this "nano tech" paint protector
being put on for free when buying the car.

Andrew_02
17-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Hey all

I have tryed the search to try find the answer to this question but nothing came up, i own a black ve clubby and ive tried quite a few products in keeping my car looking mint.

I am just wondering does anyone know of any products that seem perform better on black paint?

*note* I also can not buff or anything like that due to having this "nano tech" paint protector
being put on for free when buying the car.
Im now well and truely tanked but i don't think its me what do you mean for black paint then you say its go some sort of paint protector on it?
do some more searches on this site everything but next weeks lotto numbers are here somewhere. got some meguiers cream last weekend great stuff used my old polly glaze crap on one half and this new wax 2 whatever on the other side once side is smooth the meguires was is like glass with oil on it great stuff.:D:p
PS which smile y face to use if your pizt?

GJ227
17-08-2011, 10:20 PM
I suggest you clay bar the car and get rid of the nano tech protection, if you are keen on keeping your car clean, there is no better way than buffing it, that way you can use what you like on it

GJ227

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm224/GJ227_photo/IMG_2261.jpg

neil73
17-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Pm sent..........

detailed
18-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi,

I am a detailer from melbourne currently becoming a premium sponsor on the forums.

Firstly, buffing, this is a word thrown around alot for different meanings. Buffing is the act of using a microfibre or a towel to remove residue be it wax or polish residue after application. Polish is an abrasive used to remove imperfections in paint, but alot of people seem to think polishes protect.

Ok, so now we geet on to the best way for a black car. Your nano coating is a complete and uder crock sorry but it is and the car dealerships know it I can get the same stuff and enough of it to do 4 cars at a price of $67+GST.

go to www.waxit.com.au and buy a claybar and lube and do that after washing your car, then use poorboys(dont be put of by the name) Blackhole, this is a black glaze which will fill and hide some imperfections, top this with DP maxwax this is a cheaper wax but easily rivals $250+ tubs of wax. Apply 2 coats of this and you will be good to go.

One of my favorite waxes on black cars is Naviwax Dark which can be found on ebay.co.uk for around $60 its GREAT! but you will be waiting 2-3 weeks for it.

Regards and hope that helps,

Mitch

muzzbib
18-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Hi,

I am a detailer from melbourne currently becoming a premium sponsor on the forums.

Firstly, buffing, this is a word thrown around alot for different meanings. Buffing is the act of using a microfibre or a towel to remove residue be it wax or polish residue after application. Polish is an abrasive used to remove imperfections in paint, but alot of people seem to think polishes protect.

Ok, so now we geet on to the best way for a black car. Your nano coating is a complete and uder crock sorry but it is and the car dealerships know it I can get the same stuff and enough of it to do 4 cars at a price of $67+GST.

go to www.waxit.com.au and buy a claybar and lube and do that after washing your car, then use poorboys(dont be put of by the name) Blackhole, this is a black glaze which will fill and hide some imperfections, top this with DP maxwax this is a cheaper wax but easily rivals $250+ tubs of wax. Apply 2 coats of this and you will be good to go.

One of my favorite waxes on black cars is Naviwax Dark which can be found on ebay.co.uk for around $60 its GREAT! but you will be waiting 2-3 weeks for it.

Mitch

That's definitely helpful! Thanks for that - so far I've only used turtle wax once on mine it came up ok but not quite the shine I was expecting.

detailed
19-08-2011, 09:28 AM
no worries let me know how you go....

and PS please throw out the turttle wax and never use it again ;P

Guzzler
19-08-2011, 08:00 PM
I clay bared mine with some windex as the lube (yes detailers/paint shops do it too..lol) and used Turtle black polish. Yes I'm sure its not as good as some more expensive brands but for $25 bucks I will give it a plug as I had some scratches and chips as all black cars do.. so I brush touched the stone chips and this polish/wax did the rest for me. This is 11 year old paint that was not loved for a long time. Did this yesterday and its ready for CFC8 Tomorrow. I am not an expert on car paint correction and I dont want to spent all day cleaning it.. so this is an easy product for some one like me who is lazy. All it needs now is a hose down and chamois dry and its new again. Pics taken on camera phone so it look even better in real life. I have had this car detailed twice by professional detailers and my job was better
http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu71/losterly/IMG_0498.jpg
http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu71/losterly/IMG_0499.jpg
http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu71/losterly/IMG_0497.jpg

Krew-Zing
21-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi,

Mitch

Thank you mate that has helped alot! with the jobs your doing i wish you were over here in perth i would be getting you to do my car! haha...

and that looks mint guzzler very nice job

detailed
21-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Guzzler with those products and no machines there is no way you would achieve a finish like me. Sorry but its the truth. Which detailers did you use?

When im on my computer monday and not my iphone i will explain more.

As for being in perth i will be in secret harbour from the 28th of this month to the 4 of sept due to people wanting my work over there so send me a pm
If you like :)

Regards mitch

detailed
22-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Ok, Guzzler, This is not an attack on you nor am I saying your previous details were not crap, after all I dont know where you went but if your happy to tell me I know most detailers in Australia so would know if they are reputable or not.

First off, without using a machine and mutlipul different pads and polishes there is NO WAY you would get a finish as per my detail threads.

2. Turtle Wax is one of the worst products outthere currently besides Nushine which is the biggest marketing crap I have ever seen and using these products gurantees it to be near impossible if not impossible to correctly correct and protect a car.

3.Your car does look good in the pics....BUT I can get the most swirls car I know take a picture in light but in semi-shade and the swirls and imperfections will not show up. How ever out in full direct sunlight you would be able to see it easily. (not saying this is the case with your car but I have a fair hunch it might be) This is the reason why I use so many lights, different lumens, different kinds of light, and even strobe lights!

4. I feel as if you are trying to say that detailers are crap and a waste of money, but could be wrong, I believe my work speaks for its self and have plenty of comments on my corrections includng on this forum that tell me I am doing a good job and ALOT better than 99% of "detailers" in the country.

Regards,

Mitch

Guzzler
22-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Guzzler with those products and no machines there is no way you would achieve a finish like me. Sorry but its the truth. Which detailers did you use?

When im on my computer monday and not my iphone i will explain more.

As for being in perth i will be in secret harbour from the 28th of this month to the 4 of sept due to people wanting my work over there so send me a pm
If you like :)

Regards mitch

Hey Mitch,
I would not compare myself to a professional detailer who has years of experience, pro machines and quality products that cost a lot of money. This job is as good as your going to get for $50 worth of materials that can be used again so it may work out to be $10 a detail for me every 4 months just to touch it up. I'm sure this stuff is not as good as some other brands.. but it really helped me out so I was happy with it as a cheap option. I have used proper pannel shops and other well known franchise detailers and they do a good job if you want to spend $200-$400 dollars. If you own a very expensive car then its worth getting a professional for sure. Even professionals can burn paint with a machine and if its not needed then using a machine can be overkill and all that is needed is a hand polish. In saying that I still admire what a professional can do and I do enjoying watching them and learning so if you can spare any knowledge or tricks Im keen to learn.

detailed
22-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Sorry Guzzler, I did not read your first post like that.

I am going to be doing a products list with different brands and types of everything soon.

As for machining I agree and I only machine polish cars 12 monthly at most and ALWAYS take measurements first to see paint thickness around the car.

I have a couple clients that like to try and book in 6 monthly for a correction in which i polietly decline and advise why, or I book them in and use a glaze topped with a sealnt and wax to hide the imperfections.

:).

Ps your car does look tops but just check it in the sun to make sure you got it right :)

Regards,

Mitch

muzzbib
22-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Sorry Guzzler, I did not read your first post like that.

I am going to be doing a products list with different brands and types of everything soon.

As for machining I agree and I only machine polish cars 12 monthly at most and ALWAYS take measurements first to see paint thickness around the car.

I have a couple clients that like to try and book in 6 monthly for a correction in which i polietly decline and advise why, or I book them in and use a glaze topped with a sealnt and wax to hide the imperfections.

:).

Ps your car does look tops but just check it in the sun to make sure you got it right :)

Regards,

Mitch

What's booking like in the next few weeks? Or are you booked out completely?

OSV890
22-08-2011, 08:11 PM
PM Sent, Mitch.

zigaus001
12-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Thank you mate that has helped alot! with the jobs your doing i wish you were over here in perth i would be getting you to do my car! haha...

and that looks mint guzzler very nice job

Krew-zing

maybe we get a couple of use together and Mitch can do a few in a row

white_lie
12-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Thread is 2 years old mate ;)

zigaus001
14-08-2013, 09:05 PM
lol yea noticed after posting still learning the rope a bit here on this

rodders188
14-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Ive found after trial and error, it is important using a good buffing and polishing cloth.
What im using at the moment and works very well on my black ute is
NXT Car Wash
Meguairs Cleaner Wax Polish in the Tin
Followed by Meguairs Deep Crystal Wet Look
Then Mother Detailer.

Ive tried AutoGlym Ultra Shine and stoped using it after finding a million light swirl fine scratchs OUUCH
They were easily removed with Meguiars SWIRLX another great product.

zigaus001
14-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Ive found after trial and error, it is important using a good buffing and polishing cloth.
What im using at the moment and works very well on my black ute is
NXT Car Wash
Meguairs Cleaner Wax Polish in the Tin
Then Mother Detailer.

Ive tried AutoGlym Ultra Shine and stoped using it after finding a million light swirl fine scratchs OUUCH
They were easily removed with Meguiars SWIRLX another great product.

ha ha yep exact same for me

NXT Car Wash
Meguairs Cleaner Wax Polish liquid
Then Mother Detailer.

crc so easy on the tyres only down fall is it stains the drive way

adr8
14-08-2013, 11:20 PM
I also use Meguairs NXT liquid wax, but the NXT paste wax which comes in the tin is much better, but can't find a store that stocks it anymore.

Redhotone
14-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Krew-zing

maybe we get a couple of use together and Mitch can do a few in a row

If ur in perth try a product called "spider" from "glare". Then go over it with another product from "glare" called "professional polish". Both are applied by hand (or machine with the black polishing foam if you prefer). (Ive attached link at bottom of this)
I've been a vehicle painter for over 24 years so have used a few different polishes and wax products in my time. For a black car this is, so far, the best I've ever used.
You can get it from a shop/distributer in Malaga. Or online if your willing to wait!
Each bottle is around $40 each and you will get 5-6 applications from each one.

IMO, I wouldn't pay a detailer $$$ to do a job that you can easily do yourself.
If you need any advice or the address in Malaga just P.M me.
(P.s.im not on commission or anything fro Glare, i just like seeing a nice shiny HSV ).

http://www.glare.com/products?cid=MQ%3D%3D&pn=Vehicles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zigaus001
23-10-2013, 09:37 AM
cheers redhottone
this is good stuff did a little piece on the missis car first :) cant find anyone in aust with the spider product. so got a couple of bottle comin in from the usa. shit is getting serious now looking the the best machine buffer and pads now you familiar with the makkita buffer ??

If ur in perth try a product called "spider" from "glare". Then go over it with another product from "glare" called "professional polish". Both are applied by hand (or machine with the black polishing foam if you prefer). (Ive attached link at bottom of this)
I've been a vehicle painter for over 24 years so have used a few different polishes and wax products in my time. For a black car this is, so far, the best I've ever used.
You can get it from a shop/distributer in Malaga. Or online if your willing to wait!
Each bottle is around $40 each and you will get 5-6 applications from each one.

IMO, I wouldn't pay a detailer $$$ to do a job that you can easily do yourself.
If you need any advice or the address in Malaga just P.M me.
(P.s.im not on commission or anything fro Glare, i just like seeing a nice shiny HSV ).

http://www.glare.com/products?cid=MQ%3D%3D&pn=Vehicles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redhotone
28-11-2013, 03:50 PM
cheers redhottone
this is good stuff did a little piece on the missis car first :) cant find anyone in aust with the spider product. so got a couple of bottle comin in from the usa. shit is getting serious now looking the the best machine buffer and pads now you familiar with the makkita buffer ??

Hi zigaus,
was wondering if you have managed to do your car with the "spider" yet?

zigaus001
02-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Hi Redhottone,

yes there is a importer in Sydney but never answers his emails so I imported some from the usa done it three weeks ago came up a treat I also got DA polisher DAS6 PRO $229 awesome bit of gear for the money. also got some hexilogic pads from chemical guys in melb.

Thanks is very easy to apply. also looks awesome after a washing I also got 1 of those chemical guys foam cannons.
I now wash the car top to bottom 25mins. looks like I've spent all day on it.

thanks for your advice

Hi zigaus,
was wondering if you have managed to do your car with the "spider" yet?

Audi
12-12-2013, 05:20 PM
test