PDA

View Full Version : Whales? - Grange (Wellington NZ)

Heleway
20-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Hi guys, I am new to this forum, but am chuffed to see some activity around the Grange. I am on my second one, I had a WL, I have now got a WM. The two vehicles are no where near the same. The WM handles a lot better, in fact, (for me) it is a better car all round. I guess the only issue I have is with the wheels. Mine are shadow chromed 19" wheels. The chrome comes off real easy, stones on the road, knocks, high pressure water etc etc. I have had the two back ones re-done twice now. The chrome was chipped on the spare when it fell over.

I am wondering if there are some decent mags around that will take a little more punishment. Does HSV make solid MAGS or are they all like this set, just painted on.

Look forward to your feedback.

jkhsv
20-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Welcome to the Forum mate.....:D

I have Pentagons on my Grange. You will always get chips from driving. Kerb scrapes are a driver issue that wheels cannot cope with lol

Not many aftermarket options for the HSV's in staggered set up.

JK :smile:

Andrew_02
21-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. I have the standard 19inch rims bloody hard to clean. ive done 6000km without a mark i only use the carwash to wash off the grit/any mud and never use the gun close up as you can end up with the stick on crome and badges coming off over time. I also dont believe the water is 100 percent clean, i see people with the spray gun 5 cms off their windscreen trying to wash off a bug, looks more like sand blasting to me, you can't go past the old style wash, hsv post here on how to care for your car are great. my tip small marks between washing don't touch them i.e. pollish the car a bit without doing the proper wash by spraying heaps of water first or you will drive your car out of the shed and see some nice surface scratches where you did a quick bird crap wipe off! enjoy the ride HSV make a great car. cheers

Heleway
21-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks guys for your quick response. I try very hard to avoid the 'kerbing' and have been lucky so far. I guess its the stone chipping that bothers me and the fact that it seems that the "paint on chrome" seems to flake really easily. I had some mags once that seemed to take a lot more than these ones do.

Thanks again for your feedback, I appreciate it.