PDA

View Full Version : 2011 GTS with Senator Boot Lip Spoiler..??

Blckice
18-07-2011, 12:52 AM
So I was thinking of changing the rear spoiler on my GTS to a Senator one..
Has anyone done this, if so how etc etc, price etc etc..

Thoughts on looks..???

Cheer

Krisiun
18-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Check out the new Black Series released by HSV for an idea. I personally like alot!!!

hsv.286
18-07-2011, 01:26 PM
If ya thinking of goin down that path,walky's do a carbon one that would look pretty cool..! Along with their carbon rear view mirror replacement covers would finish it off quite nicely..:)

surfwagon
18-07-2011, 01:46 PM
The senator spoiler FTW.

Silver Spur
18-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah the Carbon goodies from Walkinshaw look Awesome!!!

Shame it's so expensive though....

jkhsv
18-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Blkice......group buy ????:idea:

hsv.286
18-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Hay guys,just flicking thru the walky's price list and the damage for their carbon fibre boot spoiler is $2k and the mirror caps are $200 each so yeah a tad pricey:o

Smithers_73
18-07-2011, 06:11 PM
I could be a smartarse here and make a comment about the sleek styling of the Senator, that everybody now wants :) but I won't :D

Have a look under your boot lid and you should see two bolts on the seems either side underneath where the spoiler is supported on the boot - these will be the fasteners holding your spoiler in place. I would imagine to change this over would be a matter of undoing those bolts, carefully removing the existing spoiler and placing the new spoiler in position through the same ****s. What else is required by the way of any adhesives / sealants for the Seantor spoiler is beyond my level of knowledge on this subject.

Best bet would be talk to a panel shop as that way it can also be colour matched properly to your boot.

PS: I am only guessing this from what I have seen under my bootlid when cleaning the car plus having seen the ****s in the bootlids of other SS/SV6 commodores around town who have removed their rear spoliers.

Senator01
18-07-2011, 07:00 PM
As I said in my thread about Melbourne, I saw two GTS's, one Black and one White, with the Senator lip. Told the HSV rep at Clayton and he said it must have been a dealer option as HSV don't change build style. GTS is a GTS, Senator is a Senator, etc... Except now, they have the SV 'Black' that has them so you may be able to get one from HSV now .... or Holden parts?

delpiero
18-07-2011, 07:15 PM
http://jhp.com.au/holdenve/Spoilers.htm

refer to item 50509 genuine hsv senatlr spoiler, $1047 painted, plus shipping.

hope this helps, im thinking of doing this mod too, but with roof spoiler too.

Senator01
18-07-2011, 07:34 PM
[url]

refer to item 50509 genuine hsv senatlr spoiler, $1047 painted, plus shipping.

hope this helps, im thinking of doing this mod too, but with roof spoiler too.

A couple of things: How do they get them genuine? And how does the rear window shade/roof spoiler fit, and how is it secured? Wouldn't want that flying off at speed.

surfwagon
18-07-2011, 08:25 PM
how does the rear window shade/roof spoiler fit, and how is it secured? Wouldn't want that flying off at speed.

I just fitted one to my VZ senator and they use a combination of double sided tape and urethane.
The tape between the roof and spoiler and urethane between the gl*** and spoiler and believe me it is real hard to remove as I had after putting the tape in the wrong place on the front edge (you could see it).
Even though it had only been on for about 15minutes when I realised I hadn't put it in the right position it tooks heaps of effort to lift off and even parts of the urethane had already started to set so I wouldn't worry about it coming off too easily once it has set properly.

Sniper
18-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Hay guys,just flicking thru the walky's price list and the damage for their carbon fibre boot spoiler is $2k and the mirror caps are $200 each so yeah a tad pricey:o

I dont want to spoil WP's party. . . but the lip spoiler they sell is made for SLP by MM in the States. . . cheap as. . . even if you airfeight it to Aus . . . and It apparantly needs SFA mods to fit the Series 2 boot!!!

WP way well have had it flopped over here . . . but $2k is madness . . . but if people are stupid enough to pay them. . . good luck to WP

Have a look at the SLP website

Blckice
18-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the info... I'll have to do some more research- cant really find this SLP site you mention Sniper- or more to the point not sure if I'm looking at the same site as there are spoilers there for G8 2009- but it doesnt really look like it..??

Silver Spur
18-07-2011, 11:10 PM
What's the website Sniper??? Got a link???

Sniper
18-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Try slponline.com . . . I get this sort of data off the G8board Forum . . . www.g8board.com . . . thry are a sponsor of that forum

delpiero
19-07-2011, 12:02 AM
but the walkinshaw one is meant to be carbon-fibre? but they do sell one which is plain fibregl*** too... im just waiting for someone to bring out a W427 replica wing. id be in for that!

colt75
13-08-2011, 01:53 PM
does anyone have a picture of senator lip on a gts?

Andrew_02
13-08-2011, 09:45 PM
but the walkinshaw one is meant to be carbon-fibre? but they do sell one which is plain fibregl*** too... im just waiting for someone to bring out a W427 replica wing. id be in for that!

interesting to know if its carbon fibre or just the paint
my bike is full carbon f that helps but just how heavy is a boot lip spoiler? I paid $400 for my old WM Caprice spoilers painted, they do finish off the rear/side view nicely.