PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Integration on Head Unit

acgto
07-07-2011, 08:56 PM
I've got an E3 GTS and have found I have an issue with the iphone integration on the head unit.

If I'm listening to music from the iphone and I get a call the music doesn't mute and plays over the top of the phone call. Same issue if I'm listening to the iphone and call my voicemail.

Does everyone else have this issue? If so is there a fix?

I had it in for it's first service today and they told me it was my cable. Tried 5 others tonight and same issue. Might try another Holden dealer too.

Bigdog1971
07-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Are you playing music from your IPhone via the headphone jack of the phone or are you using a component type charge/play cable from the bottom of the iPhone?
I use the latter connection (a unit from www.holdmyphone.com) and have no problems.

acgto
07-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I use the component one from the bottom. Really weird. Whilst the call is coming in the music is muted. When the call is answered the music starts playing over the top of the call. Really annoying.

Bigdog1971
07-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Do you have another IPhone you could try? Wife or buddy's

Bigdog1971
07-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Also does it work ok if your just listening to the radio.

acgto
07-07-2011, 11:11 PM
tried another iphone 4 today and the same issue.

if I'm using the radio, bluetooth audio streaming, stored cds or cd's (all other features) it's ok and music mutes.

Bigdog1971
08-07-2011, 08:49 AM
So the problem has to be in the Aux channel of your head unit..... I am clutching at straws now but are there any setting controls within the head unit menu (my car is the 2009 model so a little different to yours) maybe something in there, failing that I would go back to the dealer and quiz one of those guys. If you can find one that will help you. Actualy while your there, take your iPhone cable and plug into a showroom car and see if it still does it. Then you have factored and troubleshot every angle.
Sorry I couldn't help more.

Simonk
08-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Another thing you could try if possible is plugging the phone into your home stereo or TV and testing it. I know you've tried two phones already but atleast you can discount the phone being the problem this way.