PDA

View Full Version : E3 Sound System

neil73
25-06-2011, 12:28 AM
ok,.. yesterday i picked up the E3 GTS,. and Im in love,... i love it,... wouldnt change that decicion in a million years....

but the sound system,... its pretty crappy,.. well its average at best.

interested to hear others views,. and what you lot have done to turn the sound system into just as beef cake as the car... :D:D;)

delpiero
25-06-2011, 12:38 AM
walkinshaw audio upgrade is probably the easiest, yet most expensive way of upgrading the sound...but it has been developed as a complete package for the VE and is all rockford fosgate stuff so you know its the business! that and some dynamat and the E3 will be rockin ;)

DragzLS1
25-06-2011, 12:40 AM
apparently u can turn up the subs as the amp is in the boot somewhere and is only up not even half way.. that would give u better base, then u can turn the base down on the speakers and give them a bit more mid and treble and there u have a quality sounding system..

P.S I am extremely jelouse of ur e3 gts! they are HOT!

but try tuning the system i find most cars audios sound shocking out of the factory.

neil73
25-06-2011, 12:50 AM
awwww,. cheers mate... but there is no amp looking thing in the boot..????

it does have an equalizer,fader, etc,.. buit i still cant get it sounding nice..

dont want to pay $$ if i can tune what i got..

delpiero
25-06-2011, 12:57 AM
if you want sound, chuck a blower on it, who needs CD's? :P

BushChook
25-06-2011, 01:05 AM
yeah its a crappy stereo. even doing the amp gain still doesnt do it. how much is the walkinshaw upgrade?

delpiero
25-06-2011, 01:11 AM
we sell the walkinshaw upgrade at work, i think its around 2k ill check for ya tomoro, if anyone else wants walkinshaw prices i can always check the "walkinshaw performance confidential price list" as they call it

E3GTS4me
25-06-2011, 08:19 AM
check out my thread
http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthread.php?t=7696

Stewiecasserole
25-06-2011, 08:34 PM
I hate the Bose system in the Whale. Why they didn't stick with the Blauplunk Primium I had in the WL Caprice is beyond me. Now that system had over 40 different tweaks you could play with. This piece of crap had left, right, bass, treble and surround on or off. Pedestrian at best.

neil73
25-06-2011, 09:44 PM
yeah its a crappy stereo. even doing the amp gain still doesnt do it. how much is the walkinshaw upgrade?

where is the amp gain,. i had a good look in the boot and found no amp,. how do i turn the gain up.

dont tell me i have to get the manual out...:eek::eek::!:

Noodle
25-06-2011, 10:03 PM
I agree this GTS stereo is very average, cannot handle strong bass without distortion.

With my previous car an BMW E46 325 coupe, I only change the factory CD player head unit to a Pioneer CD/MP3/iPod head unit, still retaining its factory speakers, the music sounds much better than the GTS.

neil73
25-06-2011, 10:16 PM
sounds like an upgrade then,. have u tried to increase the gain,..

i played a bit with the equaliser,. and put biased more rear speaker, sounds better,. but id still say it doesnt sound that strong..

interested to find out where the amp is..

im going to have to get that manual out arent i :(:(

BushChook
25-06-2011, 10:24 PM
http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthread.php?t=4721

i dont know if its me or the car but since the iq update the stereo just doesnt do it for me anymore

Andrew_02
26-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Location of the amp etc, only a guess but when my rear screens on an 09 Caprice were playing up they lifted the rear seat out (base only!), from a distance it looked like two computer type boxes..
(Stato) sound was better than the BOSE i can't seem to get rid of the deep base really bad for anyone in the back seats and yes distortion big time i tried turning the bass down by 12, still crap, not too bad for the front seats though. My Caprice i seemed to be able to turn it down a bit. E3 I also still have a hum when the sound is on mute, and no radio/stereo off, only a mains screen power off then all is off i.e. Nav, Map, EDI. Cheers

mrrjclarke
30-06-2011, 10:55 AM
I kept the original head unit. Replaced all door speakers and splits, centre speaker, added a 12inch sub and added another amp. All made by Orion. Then added video in motion which connects up an ipod to play music and videos. It cranks now with 7.3 surround sound.

AzuR
26-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Hey guys,

Anyone know if the same goes in an e3 maloo in regards to an amp i can adjust gain on? Where would it be if so?

gto461
26-07-2011, 07:57 PM
turning up the gain is a good way to blow ya speakers....if it was my gts i would forget about the walkinshaw upgrade (lets face it they are renowned for engine work etc not audio systems) and go to a quality installer that uses quality gear not rockford fosgate and get them to do the install...check out this site to see what goes into a quality system
www.fhrxstudios.com.au also www.trutechnology.com for quality amps

07GTS
26-07-2011, 08:33 PM
if the amp is in the same spot as in the E1 its in front of the battery on the passenger side of the boot, u havto remove a few things to get to it behind the side cover, its clipped in a plastic mount the gain is at the bottom its the only knob there, mine was at it lowest point from factory so i have it at 3/4 now and its much better but still no perfect, alot of rattels too some of that dynamat would help alot...

HSVNewbie
12-12-2011, 09:57 AM
I pulled apart the boot of my new E3 R8 on Saturday and played with the gain on the amp and to be honest I couldn't get it to sound any good with any of the settings. Plus the amp is so small it is no wonder it won't drive the subs.

Upgrade is due early next year I think. And whilst I love the car the sound system is completely rank for a $66k vehicle.

The premium system in my FG Turbo was 100% better.

senta
20-01-2012, 01:18 AM
yea i had harmon kardon in my 330 bmw its so clear you cant tell where the sound is coming from, loud enough to hurt your ears, i had to buy some good recordings to get the most from it (hospital records drum and bass) the one my ve is no where near half as good ............least im not going deaf as fast as before