PDA

View Full Version : Gts Brake Pad Life ?

bw071
18-06-2011, 08:25 PM
HI GUYS . just wanted to find out what you guys are getting out of your brake pads ? i have an 09 GTS and just wanted to know what everyone else is getting .:)

MLCGTS
18-06-2011, 11:57 PM
My 08 GTS has 59,000kms on the odo now and still original pads, rotors and only last week did I replace the back tyres (and not with Bridgestones at $800 ea). It was serviced last week and they checked the pads, they do not need replacing for probaly 10,000 more they reckon. So if you drive it like you have to pay for it then the life of these parts are ok. If you drive it like you stole it then the rumours of 20,000kms out of tyres, pads and raotors are probably closer to the mark.
It takes me longer to clean the wheels than the car - has anyon tried those EBC red pads that are advertised as cheaper, better and the dust hoses off the wheels....allegedly.

colt75
19-06-2011, 12:05 AM
you shouldnt be buying brakes according to how easily they come off your rims when you hose it off..

theyre there to slow/stop you.

and im pretty sure EBC reds are race pads? dont work very well until theyre hot. but once they warmed up they pull up really well.

SV300
19-06-2011, 12:21 AM
EBC reds are track only. Range starts from a Black, Green (ds2500 equiv) and then Red.

Either the stock pads or ones from RB that are a ds2500 equiv.

Let you work out the name, suffice to say Matt will advise you choices.

I have 4000 series DBA rotors and stock pads.

J

Omarko
19-06-2011, 08:49 AM
well I have 33k on the clock on my ride and apparently I need new pads ... I actualy baby the car most of the time so go figure !

mix6000
20-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi All, I got 98,000klms out of my set of brakes on a 2007 VE Maloo...Don't bother going to Holden for replacement unless you want to Mortgage your house again!!!
Have Found Sydney Race Brakes give excellent Service & are a sponsor as well. Cheers..:)..

GTS145
10-07-2011, 03:44 PM
G'Day,
Just did the 60K service in my '08 GTS auto and had to replace all pads ($650 fronts + $600 rears - fitted) from holden dealer.

YGOSLO
10-07-2011, 06:02 PM
G'Day,
Just did the 60K service in my '08 GTS auto and had to replace all pads ($650 fronts + $600 rears - fitted) from holden dealer.

I have just been quoted for the front pads and machine discs for my 09 Maloo of $691.00 ( Holden Dealer). My last Maloo I used EBC Greens which reduced the brake dust by about 50% and you would not know the difference from the factory fitted pads.

Regards

YGOSLO
MALU

Andrew_02
10-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Omarko if you need new pads after 33k I'd take a look myself both front and rear if the fronts are worn, are they wearing even or is something jammed, also are they all worn even or are the rear pads like new and not pulling up the weight of the car

neil73
10-07-2011, 09:18 PM
My 08 GTS has 59,000kms on the odo now and still original pads, rotors and only last week did I replace the back tyres (and not with Bridgestones at $800 ea). It was serviced last week and they checked the pads, they do not need replacing for probaly 10,000 more they reckon. So if you drive it like you have to pay for it then the life of these parts are ok. If you drive it like you stole it then the rumours of 20,000kms out of tyres, pads and raotors are probably closer to the mark.
It takes me longer to clean the wheels than the car - has anyon tried those EBC red pads that are advertised as cheaper, better and the dust hoses off the wheels....allegedly.

dont tell me the tyres on the GTS are $800 each. I know on my old monaro the were like $400450.

The tyres that come with the car are soft as,. and do wear out quite quickly,. i will steering away from the exact same tyre.. I'm sure there will be a thread on here somewhere to do with tyres..

gerry9029
10-07-2011, 10:29 PM

I know what you mean about cleaning the rims, it's a pain in the neck for sure.... That's why I'm gonna paint my rims black :D They still lose their shine after a while but it takes longer than the week or two it takes with the alloys!!!

I've got just under 30,000 on my 06 VE clubby, still original pads with heaps left on them....