PDA

View Full Version : Flat spot and ruff idle

dmhhsv
03-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Guys, I have just bought my second HSV, E3 Auto Maloo. Love the car, looks great. Couple of things though. When coasting through a round-a-bout and gently exiting I notice that the car hesitates upon acceleration. Also when sitting at the lights the idle on the car changes quite often. When I asked the dealer over the phone the answer I got was, that the fly by wire causes the slight delay in the accelerator and the engines can tend to run a bit rich when sitting a the lights. Anyone has a similar experience? I sometime feel like I am driving an old 5 litre with a 650 Holley.. cheers. Darren

Smithers_73
03-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Welcome mate, nice choice of chariot - hope to add a Maloo to my stable soon too.

Yeah I have an E3 Senator and my missus has had similar things happen to her on round-a-bouts - stutters / flat spots - and I think it also has a lot to do with the gearbox, I have noticed it but have not been too concerned. In normal shift mode the auto is not that spectacular (even MOTOR mag can the gearbox in auto mode). Driving it in manual / active select mode makes the car a w**** different beast and much more responsive to drive.

Andrew_02
03-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Same in my E3 Grange no big deal, also in manual dropping down to M1 it will hit angle gear (not at speed or it would just deny the change) I've heard from Mario autotech to pay attention to the gearbox oil level,, my changes give me a small amount of engine rev-out noticed more with the Bi Modal pulled off.
All still okay but ASAP im getting a tune (and OTRCAI) that will give me higher RPM all round both modes, as 50km in 5th gives me the craps.

grange250
04-06-2011, 04:14 PM
If it is that electrical problem I'm surprised. I would be thinking of a vacuum leak; slight imperfection in a hose (if we have them anymore).
Engines running rich was supposed to go away when we shifted from carbies to injection systems. I think there are some porkies being stated.