PDA

View Full Version : Which Exhaust

SHADO
31-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi all,

So i'll be looking at putting a cat back on my GTS shortly, i've been quoted $1200 for an x-force 3" exhaust - mild steel with muffler section stainless steel.
Or $1700 for a pacemaker catback 2.5".

Now my exhaust guy tells me that the Pacemakers are one of the best you can get, and will sound awesome, with zero drone Says it wont be stupid loud like the xforce but will sound nice.
Whereas he reckons the xforce are only bang for buck but the drone will annoy the hell outta me.

Im thinking just go with the xforce, cos that extra $500 could go towards an intake.

Anyone here have either types of these exhausts? Especially the xforce 3", does it drone and is it stupid loud?

Before i got the GTS i wanted to make it real loud, but its just so nice to drive around now i dont wanna ruin it too much.

Silver Spur
31-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Mate I've got a X-Force 2.5" cat-back and i think it's not that good. People tell me it sounds good on the outside, while on the inside I reckon it sounds like a VN V6 with a Sports exhaust. Also at certain revs it does drone a lot but that's fixed with a quick blast of the loud pedal.

It was on the car when I bought it so didn't have an choice but I'd go either pacies or difillipo.

I know you want 3" but I thought I'd express my opinion of the 2.5".

SHADO
31-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Mate I've got a X-Force 2.5" cat-back and i think it's not that good. People tell me it sounds good on the outside, while on the inside I reckon it sounds like a VN V6 with a Sports exhaust. Also at certain revs it does drone a lot but that's fixed with a quick blast of the loud pedal.

It was on the car when I bought it so didn't have an choice but I'd go either pacies or difillipo.

I know you want 3" but I thought I'd express my opinion of the 2.5".

Hmm interesting, i wonder if the 2.5" x force would sound any better.

Im leaning towards the pacies atm, just not sure if its worth the extra $500.

Silver Spur
31-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Is yours Auto or Manual?

Mines's Auto so I can't comment on what a X-Force 2.5" cat-back on a manual car would sound like.

I'd suggest trying to listen to a few differant exhaust systems before you decide.

0757hil
31-05-2011, 11:52 AM
hey champ - my old ss had the x-force 3" system - but it had the extractors, high flo cats as well and was awesome - not overtly loud unless you wanted it to be. I have the same system on my clubbie and it seems to drone just a little bit at times - but i am happy with it. At the end of the day we all are different - i like x-force other members dont -- try to get a ride in a couple of cars that have the different systems fitted and choose from there.

SHADO
31-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Mine's a manual.

And I dont really know anyone else with a hsv with an exhaust! hehe

Im kind of considering a 2.5" xforce system, just dont want to get it and not be happy with the sound and which i either went 3" or got the pacies.

0757hil
31-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Mine is a manual also - i like mine as it is. Dont know - your choice at the end of the day.
2.5 will be quieter and less drone.

Silver Spur
31-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Where you located? I'm sure people on here might offer you a ride!!!

0757hil
31-05-2011, 01:59 PM
for sure - im mid north coast

SHADO
31-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the offer guys, very generous, but im in western sydney, bit far from you guys buy the sounds of it.

Might try to attend various cruises that pop up and see if i can bug any of the guys with hsv's hehe

But at this point i think im leaning more towards a 2.5" pacemaker header/cat/catback system, im the kind of person that would prefer to spend a bit more to get things done right the first time around, rather than going the cheap route and wishing i had spent the extra few hundred.

ash84
01-06-2011, 10:34 PM
On my 06 VE Clubby I have 1 3/4" Extractors into 3" stainless system.. its quite loud when you put your foot down :) as for drone.. the only time ive noticed it is if your cruising around at 60-65 and going up a slight incline, but besides that day to day driving I can't even hear it once cruising :) hope this helps