PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning suede bits on GTS leather seats

SHADO
28-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Hi all,

Im wanting to apply leather shampoo and conditioner to my leather GTS seats, i have the factory red leather seats with the suede inserts.

But im afraid that getting these products on the black suede bits will ruin the suede.

Anyone tried this before or suggest how i can still use the shampoo/conditioner without affecting the suede?

Will i ruin the suede if i get the product on it?

LeftRightOut
28-05-2011, 12:05 PM
DOn't know, but maybe pop past a shoe shop and get some seude cleaner?
Perhaps a furniture store, find someone who knows about leather/suede cleaning?
I have some seude looking material on the backs of my seats (the rest is leather) - not sure if it's real or fake... all I know is my 3 year old puts her grubby shoes all over it :-|

GR8T
28-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Hi all,

Im wanting to apply leather shampoo and conditioner to my leather GTS seats, i have the factory red leather seats with the suede inserts.

But im afraid that getting these products on the black suede bits will ruin the suede.

Anyone tried this before or suggest how i can still use the shampoo/conditioner without affecting the suede?

Will i ruin the suede if i get the product on it?

I have had a lot of luck with Dry Cleaning Fluid (mainly for stains) on suede, commonly known as White Spirit.

If you do get some stains leave your doors open as you try it as stinks a little for a while.

GPJET
28-05-2011, 10:08 PM
A year ago, I had paint across the whole back of my shirt and sat in the Senator suede seats. The paint was semi dry before I discovered it.
I could not make it any worse!. So I just got the old warm soapy water and clean white cloth on it. Once it dried, it was back to perfect condition.No harm on the suede.
Hope it helps.:-)

SHADO
29-05-2011, 04:23 AM
thanks for all ur replies guys, but main thing i wanna know is if putting leather shampoo/conditioner on the suede will ruin it

GR8T
29-05-2011, 05:57 AM
thanks for all ur replies guys, but main thing i wanna know is if putting leather shampoo/conditioner on the suede will ruin it

Send an email to the forum sponsor and ask them.

info@carcareproducts.com.au

SHADO
29-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Just an update, I just gave the seats a good going over with the leather shampoo and conditioner, I tried to avoid the suede as much as I could but it's impossible, either way the shampoo or conditioner didn't affect the suede at all.

The conditioner is white cream but kinda goes clear on application, I did try to give the affected bits a quick wipe down but didn't really need to.

So for those of you wanting to clean your seats but afraid of damaging the suede u can now rest assured no harm will be done.

I was using the duragloss leather cleaner and conditioner

GR8T
29-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Just spotted this on ebay, for anyone who wants some spare trim for later years.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-HSV-VE-CLUBSPORT-FACTORY-CLOTH-TRIM-/220789590522?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336815c9fa