PDA

View Full Version : Looking at new E3 Tourer

jai1
18-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi all,

hoping to buy my first HSV - an E3 Tourer in the next few months as i need a wagon for work. Currently have an SSV wagon but LOVE to be able to get a HSV next :)

I went into a dealer today to ask initial price on one and was told:
- $80k on road
- 4 month wait as there is none available anywhere

wondering if anyone can confirm any of this? To me it seemed the dealer wasn't intersted in me at all.
I have seen there is some people on here with the tourers and i'm wondering if this is the price range they paid?? it seems kinda high.

Also is there any dealers in VIC that people can recommend? i know salesmen are salesmen but there must be some out there that aren't arrogant like this guy was.

any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Sarge
18-05-2011, 07:58 PM
D'Silva HSV in Preston, ask for Karl Bowman.

Andrew_02
18-05-2011, 08:31 PM
I'll back up Sarge's Ralph D'Silva I spoke to Rick I think the new car sales is Jarrod, I asked about an E3 they had just got in, just happend I liked the colour in out black wheels etc, at first I think they thought on a Sat i was time wasting. The coffee machine is the best in town. I think your right about not many cars in stock, I know after I took their E3 three months after they still have no replacement. Have a bottom line price and have a few hours to spare, I did the rounds first south of the city so I knew what i wanted.Look at the second hand prices if they gave me an extra $4k off for a 2010 model I still would have gone the 11 model. I can't see how I could drive a non HSV car for a main car, I never even test drove a HSV, I would rec you do though. I used my 12 month old car as a trade it made the overall cash price easier to do. Last point have your shit sorted out with what you want and when Ralph D'Silva sell a lot of HSV's that should have some pulling power with HSV.
I saw a HSV wagon slightly lowered with tint at the Melbourne car show they must be the best looking wagon on the planet!

jai1
18-05-2011, 08:48 PM
thanks for the advice, i will give them a try as i like nice coffee :D

Does $80k sound high for the tourer?
Knowing that there is a "shortage" am i going to have much bargining power?

Senator01
18-05-2011, 09:03 PM
thanks for the advice, i will give them a try as i like nice coffee :D

Does $80k sound high for the tourer?
Knowing that there is a "shortage" am i going to have much bargining power?

Mate, just looked at Carsales and there is five out of the first nine Tourers from VIC ranging from $76k down to $69K driveaway. All 2011 models.... from that it doesn't look too much of a shortage? ...

jai1
18-05-2011, 09:37 PM
should have thought to look on there!

makes both things the dealer told me seem wrong!

Andrew_02
18-05-2011, 09:57 PM
What out for the we have one in stock it's out the back, then an hour later its what colour did you want do you want to buy it know, no I just want to see if I can F sit in one with a sunroof! and not hit my head (thats why I brought a Grange on the spot) anyway, the next line might be we have one in our stock next door, another hour goes buy or they want to show you a yellow gts when you want a black senator. Best way is to get a name and a straight answer and some time and space. the five may not be in stock. I brought a WL 6.0 Stato through Melbourne from Hobart the car came from Townsville! then I drove it to Townville and sold it! I did pay about $600 for them to move the car, but the WL had about 18k off new as the WM was just out. hint look for a demo with very low km on it // again Ralph D should be able to make it work for you unless you want a left of field special order.

jai1
19-05-2011, 02:36 PM
don't really want anything too left field.

will try and go out to Ralph next week and see what he says

thank you!

fastlane
20-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Hi looking at what is out there at the moment there are 10 manual tourers in dealer stock and 19 Auto's coming through production are 9 Manuals and 17 Autos's so as you see not to many get built that is why you may need to wait to get exactly what you want, and $80k seems a bit high, but depends on final spec you want

Hi all,

hoping to buy my first HSV - an E3 Tourer in the next few months as i need a wagon for work. Currently have an SSV wagon but LOVE to be able to get a HSV next :)

- $80k on road

wondering if anyone can confirm any of this? To me it seemed the dealer wasn't intersted in me at all.
I have seen there is some people on here with the tourers and i'm wondering if this is the price range they paid?? it seems kinda high.

Also is there any dealers in VIC that people can recommend? i know salesmen are salesmen but there must be some out there that aren't arrogant like this guy was.

jai1
20-05-2011, 11:55 AM
ok cool, i'm pretty easy with colour etc. would like leather though :)

Are you able to say where the manuals are in stock?

fastlane
20-05-2011, 01:57 PM
SHAcks WA Alto Grey, Sizzle, Red
Hunter Holden NSW Black, White
Gardner Holden WA Black
MrGrath NSW Alto
Watson VIC Red

And I have a red one coming all are with leather

ok cool, i'm pretty easy with colour etc. would like leather though :)

Are you able to say where the manuals are in stock?

jai1
20-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Thank you!

LeftRightOut
22-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Peter Triant at Penfold Holden (HSV) Burwood. PM me for his details, he'll look after you. They have a white Tourer in stock, or at least they did when I was there last. They'd had it a while too.

Ask for Peter, tell him that pain in the arse Brad who bought the grey clubsport sent you.

LeftRightOut
23-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Spoke to Peter just now, told him to expect your call - he did say there's a wait, though. Their white one is gonski.

jai1
24-05-2011, 08:06 PM
arr, crapski!

in melbourne on thursday so hoping to drop in then.

Red Hot Mike
24-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi all,

- $80k on road

As others have mentioned, carsales.com.au is your friend. From recent experience many HSV dealers are far more interested in selling you what they want with your needs/requests taking 4th or 5th place in their list of priorities.

Don't take anything they say on face value when it comes to claims of deliveries. My Senator did not exist according to several dealers whilst others were quoting up to 6 months delivery :o (but could not commit to even that!). I did manage to find it in my 2nd choice color (which has grown on me to a point of rating it above my 1st choice) with nearly immediate delivery.

Red Hot Mike