PDA

View Full Version : V8 Supercars - HSV Pacecar

Sniper
13-05-2011, 09:42 AM
. . . . should HSV continue to provide a "Pacecar" for the V8's . . . should HSV Start a Tradition with "Pacecars" for the Category . . .

. . . and should HSV build a limited Edition of 50 "Pacecars" for sale to the public every season to commemorate it?

Its obviously not a new idea as the Americans have been doing this for years . . . but is it a good concept for us!!

Whats everybody's thoughts on this?

runted
13-05-2011, 10:40 AM
all for it provided they did something to them to differentiate them somehow and not just put a "pacecar" badge on a clubsport, the 69 camaro pace cars were sweet with the white and orange paint scheme, one other thought to throw out there is the special race packages like the 09 dodge challengers that came in the drag package had a pretty stout 1/4 mile time, somewhere in the 10s or 11s off the showroom floor, what if HSV did something similar, maybe in our case a V8 supercar package

The one thing with all the packages on these cars is that they are built to be so special that very few of them ever achieve their intended purpose like the drag challengers try buy one, very few of them get driven or come up for sale, I know i am also guilty of this, so is there merit in the special packages, other than the warm fuzzy feeling you get from having one?

fastlane
13-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Good Idea Mr Rutgers, But. for them to be worth anything to anyone we could not sell them below cost or break even, there must be value built into them to guarantee resales value, and the mentallity is to screw the ???? out of the dealer on price then there will be no resale

. . . . should HSV continue to provide a "Pacecar" for the V8's . . . should HSV Start a Tradition with "Pacecars" for the Category . . .

. . . and should HSV build a limited Edition of 50 "Pacecars" for sale to the public every season to commemorate it?

Its obviously not a new idea as the Americans have been doing this for years . . . but is it a good concept for us!!

Whats everybody's thoughts on this?

Sniper
13-05-2011, 07:50 PM
. . lets not put it in the bin yet Steve . . .

I have had a second thought on this . . . assuming there are 14 rounds in the Championship . . . build the 14 cars(and only 14 cars) . . . for each round and each car does a round and then gets sold . . . or presold before hand

That way the car will have genuine Kudos for the owner

. . . and I will take the Adelaide Car and I am sure there are others that will take these if they are the real thing rather than a "Factory Replica" of one Seasonal Car!

Am I onto something here?

SV90
13-05-2011, 08:09 PM
That sounds like a good idea for a special model. A HRT optermised model ??

akanives
13-05-2011, 11:08 PM
brake and suspension package. maybe a gearbox upgrade? better intake? different wheels than stock. ones that are NEW not just slightly varied or repainted. but a new design.

oh and cool flashing lights on top? lol

fastlane
14-05-2011, 08:21 AM
That would be a far better idea and build real value into the car not just another so called special

I have had a second thought on this . . . assuming there are 14 rounds in the Championship . . . build the 14 cars(and only 14 cars) . . . for each round and each car does a round and then gets sold . . . or presold before hand

. . . and I will take the Adelaide Car and I am sure there are others that will take these if they are the real thing rather than a "Factory Replica" of one Seasonal Car!

VYSHSV8
14-05-2011, 12:08 PM
I like the idea :):)
As I have said in previous threads, I would love to own an HSV but can't justify it :) but if I knew a car was going to be an individual yes I would look at it and also but price realistic, I would also love to owns W427 seeing as they are getting rarer by people crashing them :(:(

PhanR8
14-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Great idea..I don't think you would have too many problems selling them with the pedigree they will carry and 1of 14 would be a special car to have in the garage.

220isenator
14-05-2011, 07:43 PM
In America they also do a special edition medical car for each event. This would give another 14 cars to make a bit special.

Red Hot Mike
15-05-2011, 08:55 AM

Winner!!! Closest thing you can get to direct race heritage you would be able to buy these days.

Red Hot Mike

Messy
15-05-2011, 04:37 PM
What are the differences at the moment between the pace car and a standard HSV?
If its just flashing lights and some signage, not much to look forward to but if they were real specials, then I'm all for it.

Sniper
15-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Probably nothing extra ATM. . . but its another opportunity . . . and gift. . . of an idea that HSV could consider. . .

. . . but the car will need to be "Right". . . or its pointless

Senator01
15-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Whilst a fantastic idea, would HSV be willing to make an extremely limited vehicle for this purpose... consider all the 'special' bits that would have to be sourced/manufactured for a limited number ... would be cost prohibitive ....... unless HSV has a bin full of 'trick' bits just lying around

KAL SPL
16-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Good luck to anyone wanting to buy the medic car :eek: whats a Panamera go for 330K+ ?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x127/KAL_SPL/V8%20Supercars%202011/IMG_1479.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x127/KAL_SPL/V8%20Supercars%202011/IMG_1478.jpg

VYSHSV8
16-05-2011, 09:31 AM
The course car behind it doesn't look to bad even if it is stock

Senator01
16-05-2011, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=KAL SPL;59657]Good luck to anyone wanting to buy the medic car :eek: whats a Panamera go for 330K+ ?

Geez, the V8s will be chasing the Porsche around the track .........:rolleyes:

KAL SPL
18-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Funny enough after the first lap of the V8 utes it was still sitting very close to the back of the field !

220isenator
18-05-2011, 04:14 PM
The medical car is not always a Porsche. If HSV were to make a "special" pace car then they could use the same setup but make it with different livery. The medical car for the last V8's on the Gold Coast, a Camaro, is for sale at the moment.