PDA

View Full Version : 06 VE R8 - replacement parts

Stewbaru
09-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Had the R8 serviced last week and have has reported that the following needs replacement:
Harmonic Balancer - $720
Heater Hoses - $300
Engine Mounts - $240

All of the above, were "a poor design in the first cars and have been revised"

Harmonic balancer rubber falls off pulley
Heater hoses - cross over clips leak
Engine mounts - leak and were re-designed.

Anyone else had these to be replaced on there 4-5 year old car?

Stewbaru
09-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Oh, Tech also reported rear brake pads were down to 1mm (not a problem as I got a set from RBS) and so I did the LHS OK, on Saturday except wheel was done up so tight it was wedged onto hub.

Went to do the RHS and security nut is cracked and won;t seat the key, so I can't get wheel off. Car was serviced by HSV Tuesday remember. Took it back this AM to complain about overtorqued nuts, wedged on wheel and damaged security nut to be told

HSV "We haven't taken the wheels off your car".
Me - Sorry? three services and you haven't taken the wheelsoff?
HSV "Nope"
Me - How did you determine the pad thicknesses?
HSV " We don;t need to take the wheels off to do that, and we don't rotate wheels anymore, so we don;t need to take them off. Who ever did your tyres did them up too tight!"

Three services and over $4.5k with this lot and they haven't taken the wheels off? YFKM :mad:

220isenator
09-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Nothing like a new age HSV dealer. Can you imagine if you bought 100k Euro or Jap car and got this service. No wonder people are changing brands at a rate of knots.

As I have said before, HSV really need to look at who they are giving their cars to and what their service is like and I don't mean sales but aftersales. If someone at h/o doesn't take note of this soon they may not need dealers.

Stewbaru
09-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Oh, nuther thing, The car has done less than 60,000kms.

I can't believe this stuff is wearing out so soon.

My HQ had the same engine mounts for 23 years.....

Did I mention the
- alternator ($900)
- Upper bushes ($470)
- boot struts ($300)
- Power steering flush/replacement burnt fluid ($270)
- Brake pads (Quoted Rr $750 - Fr $675)

that have also been replaced

GR8T
09-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Oh, Tech also reported rear brake pads were down to 1mm (not a problem as I got a set from RBS) and so I did the LHS OK, on Saturday except wheel was done up so tight it was wedged onto hub.

Went to do the RHS and security nut is cracked and won;t seat the key, so I can't get wheel off. Car was serviced by HSV Tuesday remember. Took it back this AM to complain about overtorqued nuts, wedged on wheel and damaged security nut to be told

HSV "We haven't taken the wheels off your car".
Me - Sorry? three services and you haven't taken the wheelsoff?
HSV "Nope"
Me - How did you determine the pad thicknesses?
HSV " We don;t need to take the wheels off to do that, and we don't rotate wheels anymore, so we don;t need to take them off. Who ever did your tyres did them up too tight!"

Three services and over $4.5k with this lot and they haven't taken the wheels off? YFKM :mad:

It would have to be Kelly Holden Cardiff NSW, or is it possible there is two HSV Dealerships the same ?

220isenator
09-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Sure sounds like Kelly....

DrewII
09-05-2011, 07:52 PM
this is concerning. are all early VEs really that unreliable below 60k kms?

hsv.286
09-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Only issue is the pads/rotors probably need replacing on the gts round the 70k mark and it's done 63k nut with no probs..

07GTS
10-05-2011, 07:08 PM
kind of reminds me of my local holden dealer which no one likes to go too, they had a mechanic there who had a problem with his own car (vs v8 ) it was missing and because it didnt come up on the scan tool he couldnt fix it and sent it to another mechanic in town...

scottsr8
10-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Do ve's have hydraulic engine mounts??

I was always told give cars two chances the first one fix the second fix and sell straight ASAP!!

If i was you i would change my signature to '06 VE Clubsport R8 - For sale'