PDA

View Full Version : Double Demerits NSW Long Weekend

runted
24-04-2011, 05:26 PM
for the non NSW drivers who may be passing through this weekend its double demerits for most offences if you didnt know, just saying it because its not overly publicised outside of NSW and I got left standing on the highway today by a sweet looking senator vic plates, hoping it wasnt one of you guys, I like shed candy when its my choice and not some angry wiggles

220isenator
24-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Tell me about it. Drove down to Sydney yesterday from Newcastle and spotted 14 police cars in various guises on the way down. Same thing on the way back but spotted a group of about 30 sitting next to a driver survivor stop and just down the road was a drug bus.
Funny thing was the only people I saw speeding all day were P platers.

hsv.286
24-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Yeah think it's same south of the border here in Vic too..! Crazy time on the roads as everyone is flat-out getting to an fro and not giving a rats ass about other road users.. Stay safe all..

Pickles
24-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Double demerit points is ABSOLUTE RUBBISH....DOES NOTHING TO REDUCE THE ROAD TOLL,....BUT.....GIVES THE POLICE SOMETHING EASY TO QUACK ABOUT....POLITICIANS TOO!
The majority of these double demerit points will relate to speed speed speed....which is what the police like to focus on.."speed"....sounds dangerous....especially for the "do-gooders"......the general public (uneducated) think about speed, their mind wanders, they then think about the drifting rice burners, just any sort of rubbish their mind can concoct about speed, & then think that the politicians are doing their job.
....Yeah Right...booking people for doing 103Ks in a 100 zone on a freeway...straight road....how is that reducing the road toll.....in fact,.....HOW IS IT DOING ANYTHING...... OTHER THAN REVENUE RAISING?
TOTAL UNEDUCATED CRAP, Pickles.

akanives
25-04-2011, 02:16 AM
where in tas i drove over 400km on fri and sat and saw 1 cop. lol

runted
25-04-2011, 08:50 AM
totally agree with you pickles, double demerits lost its affect a long time ago, i only put the post up just to warn others so we're not doubling the pleasure for the boys in blue this weekend
as you said its just knee jerk from do gooders, while its off the topic of this thread the road works to stop lives lost on picton road is just another stupid reaction, they installed concrete barriers to stop cars drifting into oncoming traffic only to have a truck go down a hill a bit too hot and end up on the wrong side of the road and the concrete barrier and collide head on with another truck, how no one was injured was amazing but picton road 1 rta 0
i guess stupidity is a nsw thing

Pickles
25-04-2011, 10:34 AM
totally agree with you pickles, double demerits lost its affect a long time ago, i only put the post up just to warn others so we're not doubling the pleasure for the boys in blue this weekend
as you said its just knee jerk from do gooders, while its off the topic of this thread the road works to stop lives lost on picton road is just another stupid reaction, they installed concrete barriers to stop cars drifting into oncoming traffic only to have a truck go down a hill a bit too hot and end up on the wrong side of the road and the concrete barrier and collide head on with another truck, how no one was injured was amazing but picton road 1 rta 0
Mate, it's a "Vic" thing too.....The new Victorian Coalition Govt are making a few noises about this sort of stuff, but I'm not confident that any significant changes will occur.....the lure of the dollar?!
Cheers, Pickles.

GR8T
25-04-2011, 03:25 PM

I drive a Tanker for a living and have to go down to Bomaderry to get Ethanol on occasions, I have to tell you those Coal Trucks that go up and down Picton Road and Mount Ousley are absolutely MAD