PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle To Bateau Bay Hotel - Sunday 22nd May

220isenator
22-04-2011, 09:17 AM
NEWCASTLE TO BATEAU BAY HOTEL - SUNDAY 22ND MAY

DATE: Sunday May 22nd
DESTINATION: Bateau Bay Hotel, Central Coast, NSW.
DEPARTING TIME: 9:30AM
ARRIVAL TIME: 11:30 - 12:00PM
LUNCH: Bateau Bay Hotel has a great selection of pub grub for reasonable prices.

CRUISE INFO: We will be cruising down the coast road through Newcastle, Belmont and Toukley to Bateau Bay stopping along the way for meetups if required. The hotel has a huge beer garden with ample room for the kids to run around and they have a touch footy comp on Sundays just after lunch.
You can either order a light snack from the bar menu or order a full meal from the bistro. You can also cook your own steak on their outdoor grill.
There is usually live entertainment on Sundays and they have the footy on big screens as well.

MEETPOINTS:

Hungry Jacks Heatherbrae:

Frank, Keryn and Thomas (220isenator)
E3 4 ME
Dave and Elaina (dangerousdave)
KustomVP
smickSS
MR51MN (maybe)

Doyalson 10:30

steelo85

Bateau Bay:

NIXONLS1
stormen
jodyandbenny
MR99VT

Sydney:

runted

If anyone would like other meetpoints added just let me know. We already have a few people meeting us there and if your coming from Sydney just throw up some suggestions on good places to meet.
Hope to see you there.

Senator01
01-05-2011, 06:38 PM
NEWCASTLE TO BATEAU BAY HOTEL - SUNDAY 22ND MAY

DATE: Sunday May 22nd
DESTINATION: Bateau Bay Hotel, Central Coast, NSW.
DEPARTING TIME: 9:30AM
ARRIVAL TIME: 11:30 - 12:00PM
LUNCH: Bateau Bay Hotel has a great selection of pub grub for reasonable prices.

CRUISE INFO: We will be cruising down the coast road through Newcastle, Belmont and Toukley to Bateau Bay stopping along the way for meetups if required. The hotel has a huge beer garden with ample room for the kids to run around and they have a touch footy comp on Sundays just after lunch.
You can either order a light snack from the bar menu or order a full meal from the bistro. You can also cook your own steak on their outdoor grill.
There is usually live entertainment on Sundays and they have the footy on big screens as well.

MEETPOINTS:

Hungry Jacks Heatherbrae:

Frank, Keryn and Thomas (220isenator)

If anyone would like other meetpoints added just let me know. We already have a few people meeting us there and if your coming from Sydney just throw up some suggestions on good places to meet.
Hope to see you there.

Hey 220, count me in! The Senator would love a decent trip. And would be great to finally meet a few forum members.

220isenator
01-05-2011, 07:21 PM
That'll be great. Can't wait to see the new Senator in the flesh.:)

220isenator
15-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Cruise is coming up soon guys. Should have about 15 cars attending so far. Anyone here interested in meeting some like minded enthusiasts from NSW?

runted
16-05-2011, 07:58 AM
hey senator, if i have the car back together by then you can count me plus one in, is there anyone coming from sydney or will i be the only one?

220isenator
17-05-2011, 06:41 PM
First post updated.

hey senator, if i have the car back together by then you can count me plus one in, is there anyone coming from sydney or will i be the only one?

ATM it will only be you coming from Sydney way.

runted
19-05-2011, 09:52 PM
sydney people . . .so much enthusiasm

Senator01
19-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Time for them Sydney folk to get into gear ....... c'mon guys/gals, we will meet you half way. Weather looks good so get your behinds to Bateau Bay this Sunday for a few drinks, food and a chat with us Northern folk........ never know, we may even let you look at our cars? ....... if your nice! Thought you would look for every opportunity to get out of Sydeny?

Corsa
19-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Maybe the Sydney people will all be at the HSV Owners Club run instead.
Corsa

SV300
19-05-2011, 10:49 PM
May 2011

22nd - Sunday Drive to Scenic World, Katoomba. Click here for more information..

Taken from the Sydney HSV Owners site. Looks like its double booked.

James

Senator01
20-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Maybe the Sydney people will all be at the HSV Owners Club run instead.
Corsa

Oh!! .........

runted
20-05-2011, 02:38 PM
wow people, was only joking, it doesnt bother me driving 2+hours for lunch on my own, taking a diversion to a meet up spot would probably get me lost somewhere, i'm just happy to get the car out

never know, we may even let you look at our cars? ....... if your nice!

looking forward to checking out the senator, i havent actually seen one stationary yet, i might even let you check out the little red wagon . . . if your nice!;)

Senator01
21-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Is this still on? ....... just wondering.......you know, with the 'End of the World' and all .............. happening tomorrow apparently ....

220isenator
21-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Well if the end of the world is happening we may as well go out in our HSV's.:)

Noodle
21-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Agree. If I'm going to hell, I'm bringing my GTS with me. I'll need it to outrun the demons. :D

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8664/chasedbydemon.jpg

Senator01
21-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Agree. If I'm going to hell, I'm bringing my GTS with me. I'll need it to outrun the demons. :D

Won't need to outrun them ......... they'll be too busy admiring your drive;);)

whiteman69
22-05-2011, 08:11 AM
I would of come for a drive but need to start work at 2 today, maybe next time. Have a good day people and i hope the rain stays away.:)

Sniper
22-05-2011, 08:27 AM
. . . enjoy your day guys . . . I wish I was part of it

Senator01
22-05-2011, 10:33 AM
OK, that went well?? ....... Starting point - 2 takers, no lead and waiting in a fast food carpark for an hour ......... sorry, but my understanding of organising an event means the organiser is generally there?

And I had the 'girl' looking spot-on too! I will think deep and hard before commiting to any further events unless it is a full HSV run.........

GR8T
22-05-2011, 12:12 PM
OK, that went well?? ....... Starting point - 2 takers, no lead and waiting in a fast food carpark for an hour ......... sorry, but my understanding of organising an event means the organiser is generally there?

And I had the 'girl' looking spot-on too! I will think deep and hard before commiting to any further events unless it is a full HSV run.........

Apart from working last night this is another reason why I treat these events with caution and decided not to attend.
HSVOC events not a problem, I have been a member of performance Motorcycle clubs for years until recently.

This sort of situation used to happen all the time at them as well.

I'd be pissed off as well E3 4 ME as you make plans with your car and and your family, it makes it worse when it is a weekend away and stuff like accomodation is involved.
I hope you make the most out of the day you have left as I'm about to take the misses out to lunch at the Castle somewhere.

Talk soon, Cheers GR8T

Noodle
22-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Sorry to hear it was a non-event.

At least I had some fun taking my ride for a run in Hell (proof is in the picture above) XD

220isenator
22-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Look guys I am very sorry for not showing up but I was taken to hospital at 2:30am this morning and was not discharged till 4:00pm. I realise I really stuffed you around and did not have the chance to get the word out to anyone. I hope I did not ruin further cruises for the northern region by this happening. It was an unforeseen event that could not be helped and I can do nothing but apologies. I hope everyone understands. Sorry again.

Senator01
22-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Look guys I am very sorry for not showing up but I was taken to hospital at 2:30am this morning and was not discharged till 4:00pm. I realise I really stuffed you around and did not have the chance to get the word out to anyone. I hope I did not ruin further cruises for the northern region by this happening. It was an unforeseen event that could not be helped and I can do nothing but apologies. I hope everyone understands. Sorry again.

Now I totally understand the circumstances Frank ...... no issues mate. I hope everything is OK wrt your health and look forward to catching up another time.

runted
22-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Sorry to hear it was a non-event.

it wasnt really a non event, travelling from south of sydney we had no idea what was going up north at the meeting venue, lunch at the hotel was pretty good, three other cars showed up, afterwards we went down to the muscle car show a bit further down the road, havent long been home:D

hope your feeling better frank