PDA

View Full Version : First time HSV buyer.. have a few questions!

gadget
28-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Morning all,

Great forum guys.. definitely been a great help thus far!

Currently driving an 02 Caprice, been a sweet car (like driving a jason recliner :)), but it's time to take it up a notch or two and with some great deals on at the moment I can no longer resist! Drove a series 2 GTS a few weeks back.. :o

Couple of questions for the experts, I've decided on a GTS.
a). Do I go straight for the series 3? Is there much difference outside of price to the series 2?
b). Is the brake upgrade worth the extra $?
c). What other after market bits would you go for? I see a fair bit on here about exhaust systems.. thoughts?

Finally, a question on deals. I'll buy in either NSW or VIC. What sort of money should I be paying? Brand new or demo?

Any other pointers you can pass on would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

SV90
28-02-2011, 12:09 PM
If I was in your position I would buy a 2010 GTS or Senator ( I like the Senator better personally ), as in another post there is a large amount of 2010 car still sitting in yards around Australia so much more movement on price. I would get a demo if still avalible and go the Brake option. With the money you can save, I would then get in contact with Greame ( sniper ) and enquire about one of his superchaged stelth kits. I assure you, you wont be able to get the smile off your face. :) Thats just my opinion, Im sure you will be happy which ever way you go.

Cheers
Daniel

gadget
28-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks.. is there 2010 build series 3s about?

SV90
28-02-2011, 12:45 PM
im not sure mate, im in SA. If you contact a HSV dealer Im sure they will be able to source on for you. If you want to know more about the Stealth package keep an eye out for the new Motor coming out in march it features the car.

All the best with it mate.

220isenator
28-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Plenty of 2010 plated models around, not 100% sure on numbers of GTS but keep an eye on Graemes thread in general discussion.
I would personally look at the Senator as well as you get the comfort as well as the power but that's up to you.
I guess the main difference between the E2 and E3 is the upgrade to the new "IQ" sound system.

GR8T
28-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Gadget

I know of an Alto grey 2010 GTS at Kelly Holden Cardiff,they also have a Phantom but not sure of the build date.
Buttttttt, I will never buy another car from this dealer again so enter at your own risk, just thought I would let you know.
The best deals seem to come from Suttons in Sydney so give them a try.

colt75
01-03-2011, 03:09 AM
buying new loses you too much money.
unless of course you are loaded and dont care.

Stewiecasserole
01-03-2011, 09:57 AM
If you want total Luxury the go an E3 Grange. They now come stock with the GTS tune at 325 kw. go new whatever the choice. Yes you do drop a bundle as you leave the dealership yard but you get the warranty and most blokes are into their rides for a long time.
Get the dealer to register it as a demo....instant 10K off the price. Shop around but never seem too keen or your bargining power evaporates.
You might be able to pick up a low Kay newer model and save some but I'd still go new.... never really know what's up with second hand in my mind.
Just my thoughts.

grange250
01-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Check the RTA regulations about transferring rego and stamp duty when you cross state boundaries. Unless you're living in Albury/Wodonga, it could be a long truck trip and obviate any purchase saving.