PDA

View Full Version : E3 Clubsport R8 - Standard Stereo - added DYNAMAT

Aercom
26-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Gday All

Just thought I would mention that I did the E3 Clubby out in Dynamat today. All four doors and the parcel shelf.
Boy - what a difference!!! :):):)
Cost was around $370 for the product and $200 for fitting - but after an hour drive this arvo - definately worth it.

For those who do not know about DYNAMAT - it is basically a US sound deadening product - great for audio vibrations etc http://dynamat.com/products_car_audio_introduction.html

Also - in the VE 11 Speakers where are they thread - it mentions about the VE amps having an adjustment. Well according to the guy at the audio shop today that did the Dynamat - the E3 standard amp has no adjustment - since I asked him to tweak it after doing the Dynamat job today.

The acoustics in the car are 500% better than they were - and the DYNAMAT was worth every cent!!!!
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::g rin::grin:
The suposed E3 "Premium Sound System" now sounds a little closer to that - but still thinking of doing some more work to it.

What subs has anyone else used to replace the stock subs?? The guy at the audio shop was trying to flog me KICKERS but I have never been a fan - and he also reckons the standard AMP will not run KICKERS...

Senator01
26-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Hey, you able to advise who fits this in the Newcastle locale.

Aercom
26-02-2011, 10:53 PM

Gday - I got it done at an Auto Barn http://www.autobarn.com.au - I assume there will be one near you - store locater on their website...

gto461
27-02-2011, 05:07 PM

mate any car audio place will do it for you...newcastle pro sound at jesmond and east coast kustoms at beresfield...both have got dynamat or you can buy ya own and take it into them

Sniper
27-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Dynamat is awesome . . just as Aerocom says

We did the Senator and also pulled out the back seat and did that entire section as well . . . got rid of most of the road noise too . . . if we get motivated enough, I will get the hoodlining out and do the roof too!

gto461
27-02-2011, 06:24 PM
i have done the tray and inside of my ute and it makes a huge huge difference...with a good sound system the sound quality is wicked...gotta do the gto next

Sarge
01-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Hi Aercom, I have also booked my clubby in to have Dynamat fitted to the four doors, roof, parcel shelf and boot.

It is being done Saturday week at Riverside Customs in Werribee. He will be doing a double skin fit, inner against the door skin as well outer around the speaker.

Can't wait, are you still impressed with yours?

Sniper
01-04-2011, 09:40 PM
. . . please . . . upgrade your door speakers whilst you are at it . . .

Sarge
01-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi Sniper, that is also the plan. I am going back next week to choose speakers. Only had time to call in and make the booking.

REDHOTLS3
01-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Goodday' does it quieten the exhaust down at all from inside the cabin?

Aercom
01-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Hi Aercom, I have also booked my clubby in to have Dynamat fitted to the four doors, roof, parcel shelf and boot.

It is being done Saturday week at Riverside Customs in Werribee. He will be doing a double skin fit, inner against the door skin as well outer around the speaker.

Have been more than happy with it - mine only single skin - but thinking of doing some more areas... Overall very happy!!>.... I noticed that there is quite a saving on the 36ft pack on eBay - saves just over $100 from what I paid at the store.... I am sure you will be happy with it!!! - then you will want to upgrade the speakers and sub !:D:D:D:D:D
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DYNAMAT-XTREME-BULK-PACK-10455-GREAT-VALUE-PACK-NEW-/160565125864?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25626d62e8

Stewiecasserole
01-04-2011, 10:43 PM

How much Sarge?

Sarge
01-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Speakers will be upgraded at the same time, going next week to choose.

Not sure exactly what to get, will be price dependant.

The CFO has just told me to do other mods to the car, will post a new thread for opinions. Oh yeah!!

Double skinned dynamatting is $650 fitted.

gunsrunner
01-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Just a word of warning about getting too carried away!
This was not dynamat which i think is the better, but rockford spray on sound deadening. We covered the whole car, including bonnet, roof , firewall. 12 Liters in total.
The major problem was the customer, who complained that he couldn't here the engine and kept trying to start it while running:D:D:D:D

Also have a look at Dynaxorb, these are designed to stop the reflections that resonate from the rear of the speaker, that bounce back and cause reverberation in the speaker cone, it is a small but noticeable difference, only really needed for the front stage mid base in the door.

But, keep it real. We are talking about a car, 60db of road noise, glass, leather, cloth , plastic, bad speaker position, cabin gain, not so clean power supply, in other words don't expect to get audiophile sound in a car no matter how much you spend.

Sarge
02-04-2011, 12:17 AM
I think I am being realistic, well at least I hope I am. If I can reduce the outside noise and can make the sound system sound a better for a reasonable cost, then all good.

If it was being promised the world at an exorbitant price than I guess that would be a different kettle of fish.

Stewiecasserole
02-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks Sarge....any idea on total square meters involved in your case 'coz that bulk pack on evil bay Aero pointed out is good value.
Guns makes a valid point but then again the amount of noise you can cut out using sound proofing stuff is like winding the window up......massive difference for the better.

gto461
02-04-2011, 06:22 PM
it will stop exhaust noise if you take all the seats out and dynamat ya floor...not that hard a job just time consuming...am startin my stereo install next week and gonna dynamat the whole inside of the car before doin anything else..

Sarge
02-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks Sarge....any idea on total square meters involved in your case 'coz that bulk pack on evil bay Aero pointed out is good value.
Guns makes a valid point but then again the amount of noise you can cut out using sound proofing stuff is like winding the window up......massive difference for the better.

Hey Stewie, I'm pretty sure the installer said about 25 to 30 sq. Will double check when I catch up with him next week.

Agreed the evil bay link is good value.

Minimising any external noise will be great, not a huge expense which is good.

Surfnturf
03-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Bit of a nob question , I have a 2007 senator and was thinking of purchasing this stuff from ebay as well. I dont mind trying to fit it but to get the best from my sound system and reduce cabin noise from exhaust and engine noise where do you actually install this on the car to get the best from it ?
I am going for a KPM exhaust and only want to hear the roar when I have my windows down as I am getting past the bloom of youth now ?

Aercom
03-04-2011, 09:52 AM
The best places to start are the doors and rear shelf and the go from there. To do a good coverage job doing all four doors, rear shelf - doubling near the door speakers - takes the best part of the 36ft pack

Surfnturf
03-04-2011, 11:35 AM
The best places to start are the doors and rear shelf and the go from there. To do a good coverage job doing all four doors, rear shelf - doubling near the door speakers - takes the best part of the 36ft pack

Ok thanks.With the doors do you stick it to the inside skin next to the speaker mounts or the outside skin near glass ?And the rear shelf I imagine you take out the shelf and stick to top ? Or bottom in boot ?

Aercom
03-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Ok thanks.With the doors do you stick it to the inside skin next to the speaker mounts or the outside skin near glass ?And the rear shelf I imagine you take out the shelf and stick to top ? Or bottom in boot ?

Check out the Dynamat website which will give you all the info you need....
http://www.dynamat.com/technical_installation_installation_menu.html

gunsrunner
04-04-2011, 11:02 AM
A bulk pack will normally do one car well, or two cars front doors and rear shelf.
Here are a few pics of the munro when i pulled the steza out.
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n521/gunsrunner/IMG_0141.jpg?t=1301875207
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n521/gunsrunner/043.jpg?t=1301875207
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n521/gunsrunner/IMG_0151.jpg?t=1301875207