PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Quick Detailer for show days

Aercom
22-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Gday All

I am looking for the best Quick Detailer spray on for using after arrival at show n shines.

I have used a few "more household names" in the past - and not overly impressed...

I thought I would ask the experts! I did a quick search over the forum - and its been a while since some opinions have been given.

dan08R8
22-02-2011, 08:36 PM
I've tried plenty of Quick Detailers recently, for your purpose of wiping down at a show n shine you want a product that is nice and 'slick' to help prevent swirls/scratches in your paintwork, also make sure you are using a nice plush microfibre cloth. Have a look into the following:
Prima Slick
Finish Kare 425
Poorboys Spray n Gloss

These will all leave a nice slick shiny finish. Just my 2 cents

Aercom
22-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks Dan08R8 - will check those out.... The PRIMA sounds OK after a Google..

Any other takers???

BRUIZR
27-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Aercom, I swear by Maguiars Last Touch spray detailer. I order it online in a 3.8 litre container however I'm unsure if it's freely available in stores.

Aercom
03-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Thanks all - I have some PRIMA Slick and Banana Gloss that has turned up. Depending on the weather I will probably get around to it this weekend and post up some pics of the results.

REDHOTLS3
03-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Hi Glynn here, it might be a cheapo [$16 Autobarn] but I use Wax-as-U-dry .It,s a Eagle One product and use it every time I wash the car , you don't need much and it cuts down swerl over time ,even on my previous black car, it,s good for your rubbers and plastics round the car, too.

GR8T
04-03-2011, 03:20 PM
This might sound a bit weard to most people, but until I bought my HSV I was into motorbikes all my life, yes real ones "Ducati's" and whenever I had them in a show I used the original "Mr Sheen" once I had arrived.The shine was fantastic, I have had Ming paint protection on all of my cars so have never tried it on the 4 wheel variety.
I was shown this at a Fraser Motorcycle dealership, Mr Sheen is all they use in the showrooms even on $60000.00 Harley's.

Lupo
07-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Auto glym have a wax that works with water, so you dont have to dry the car. Apply the wax and just wipe with about 1500 microfibre cloths and it will be polished and dry.

Other wise, 7 hours work with the right products (I use zymol). And you can't go wrong.

Mine stays clean for about 2 months. Thats with 4 minute rinsing with water (only) pressure from a distance at car lovers.

Aercom
07-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Auto glym have a wax that works with water, so you dont have to dry the car. Apply the wax and just wipe with about 1500 microfibre cloths and it will be polished and dry.

Other wise, 7 hours work with the right products (I use zymol). And you can't go wrong.

Mine stays clean for about 2 months. Thats with 4 minute rinsing with water (only) pressure from a distance at car lovers.

Thanks for all of the recommendations
Did a solid 5 1/2 hours yesterday - using Prima Banana Gloss and she looks great!
Will get some pics up when I can. I am away for work and she is hibernating in the garage whilst her turtleshell engine cover is getting painted in Hazard this week... (just the red bits)...

BRUIZR
11-03-2011, 07:46 PM
This might sound a bit weard to most people, but until I bought my HSV I was into motorbikes all my life, yes real ones "Ducati's" and whenever I had them in a show I used the original "Mr Sheen" once I had arrived.The shine was fantastic, I have had Ming paint protection on all of my cars so have never tried it on the 4 wheel variety.
I was shown this at a Fraser Motorcycle dealership, Mr Sheen is all they use in the showrooms even on $60000.00 Harley's.

GR8T, I use Mr Sheen on my rims and they look absolutely sensational and the brake dust just wipes off so easily ... smells great too lol