PDA

View Full Version : where is the amp in a VY Clubsport

sjsl85
20-02-2011, 09:41 PM
so it is my understanding that there is an amp in the boot somewhere that runs the sub were abouts is it? and can you use it to run an after market sub to an aftermarket head unit any help would be great cheers

macca33
20-02-2011, 10:18 PM
In the VT/X cars, the amplifier was mounted to the inner guard panel on the passenger side of the boot - behind the felt lining. Maybe the VY has it there also???

I would probably be looking at an aftermarket amplifier to run aftermarket gear, in all honesty - the oem stuff was designed with fairly low amplification capacity in mind.

cheers

richo7502000
20-02-2011, 10:32 PM
The Amp is on passenger side under carpet liner and behind the inner guard panel as Macca said.
You can turn this amp up lots to get more kick from the factory 8" subs or you can put in an aftermarket amp and run 6x9 or similar, most times they take out the rear door speakers when doing this as they are paralleled with the Subs and you will get the wrong impedance otherwise.
Its amazing how much better the Bass is from the factory system even with this amp turned from the factory 1/2 way point (very low) to around the 3/4 mark on the gain adjustment!
I mean sure an aftermarket system with new amps and speakers will be better but its quite decent in my R8 as standard IMO with the amp cranked a bit!

VZHSVDT
20-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Is there certain models that got the amp ? Or most of them get it ? Never thought about my Vz having them

richo7502000
20-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Is there certain models that got the amp ? Or most of them get it ? Never thought about my Vz having them

I know VY and VZ R8 Models with the 2 subs on the parcel shelf have them (probably VX??)...
the std Clubsport didnt have them speakers or the amp from what I understand.
BUT I have been wrong once or maybe twice before :D

gto461
21-02-2011, 06:28 AM
what about in my z series gto where would it be located

VZHSVDT
21-02-2011, 01:19 PM
I know VY and VZ R8 Models with the 2 subs on the parcel shelf have them (probably VX??)...
the std Clubsport didnt have them speakers or the amp from what I understand.
BUT I have been wrong once or maybe twice before :D

Ye I thought that sounds about right with the 2 extra speakers needing a amp to run them . Mine wasn't optioned With the parcel shelf ones . I'll have a look for the amp still just to be sure . Wouldn't mind some new speakers and amp but not into taking off trims and mounting Stuff to the body of the car .