PDA

View Full Version : just Re-sprayed and needs a polish bad !

1SIKR8
11-02-2011, 02:48 PM
so as the top says, i just had my VT respraied and the paint is spot on ... the buffing job they did on the other hand ... they should be hung for .... swirl marks ....

anyway my question is, it go painted wednesday ( 9th ), would it be safe to polish it now ?

1SIKR8
11-02-2011, 05:20 PM
can anyone help please ? i don't want to do damage by polishing it if im not meant to this soon :/

GR8T
11-02-2011, 05:53 PM
can anyone help please ? i don't want to do damage by polishing it if im not meant to this soon :/

SIK-AZZ

This stuff is supposed to be the best on the market to use, it is a three step process but you can buy bottles as small as 500ml.
http://www.juicepolishes.com.au/
As for the time frame there are heaps of forums like detailingworld.com etc, just put in "polishing a car after a respray"into your search engine and you will see what I mean.
The majority thinks around 30 Days by the look of it.

Hope this helps !

1SIKR8
11-02-2011, 06:02 PM
thankyou very muchly for your help, i got a heap of maguires polish and stuff there that takes out swirls and gives it a wet look ... can't wait to put it on :D

whiteman69
11-02-2011, 06:04 PM

Mate alot depends on what sort of paint was used. If 2 pac i think i read somewhere 2 months, but they have already taken a buff 2 it so who knows now. They must have done a shit job painting it to need to buff it so hard. Was it an insurance job? if so take it back and tell them your not happy, if they tell you to go away call your insurance company.

1SIKR8
11-02-2011, 06:15 PM
was a good paint job cause i saw it before it got buffed ay, it was a cash in hand job, my mate back into the back of it and yea, its the bermuta blue and i know its easy to leave swirl marks in the paint and i honestly got no problem polishing it myself

was 2pak for sure and baked

lawsy924
11-02-2011, 07:49 PM
the longer you leave it the harder the paint will get, a month is the norm under a cover

Senator01
11-02-2011, 09:51 PM
thankyou very muchly for your help, i got a heap of maguires polish and stuff there that takes out swirls and gives it a wet look ... can't wait to put it on :D

Hey SIK,

I have used Meguiars for years and found it a great product.

Suggest if you want the best look then a little elbow grease is needed. I normally started with Paint Cleaner on a tightly formed pad and just went for it - you know the old 'wax on - wax off' method. After which I followed with either Gold Class or Tech Wax, then some Carnauba Wax.
Wrt timing after paint, depends on whether poly or acrylic, however should be ok after 1-2 days.

1SIKR8
12-02-2011, 12:32 PM
thanks E3 it was 2pak im pretty certain been bermuta blue.

i don't mind a bit of elbow grease, i've hand polished it before, took a while but was deafinatly worth it !

blair
12-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Gday mate. Warning, dont wax the car too soon. The reason for leaving for about a month is the paint needs to breathe and let the solvents out. If you wax it, the solvents become trapped under the shell of the wax. Ive seen the results of what happens and its not pretty, the paint will be able to be lifted off in sheets and feel rubbery. As far as the swirl marks go, take it back to the paint shop, its just laziness. I own a paint shop and there is no way any of our customers get their cars back like that. Hope this helps.