PDA

View Full Version : decisions decisions!

HSV+tive
24-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting my first HSV, been trying to study up a bunch and still I'm so torn about getting either a (2010) E3 GTS or Clubsport... Any advice/opinions you's can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm at a loss as to which colours are best, besides white and black (haha as my brother has a black one and best mate has a white one) if GTS i was thinking alto gray but they're so hard to find, and for a Clubby I was thinking blue?

Another thing is aftermarket stuff, whats available for the E Series 3 in ways of exhausts and extractors etc?

Help me out!

HSV+tive
24-01-2011, 03:14 PM
been hunting today... might have a sweet deal for a black 2010 gts with walkinshaw exhaust and air intake for -85k brand new.

yay or nay?

gto461
24-01-2011, 03:37 PM
sounds good mate...but imo i would go a clubby as the engine is exactly the same and its 15k cheaper...also there are loads of aftermarket pieces for both the gts and clubby...also black would look wicked for either car

Stewiecasserole
24-01-2011, 03:58 PM
been hunting today... might have a sweet deal for a black 2010 gts with walkinshaw exhaust and air intake for -85k brand new.

yay or nay?

Tell him he's dreamiming. He'll want to get rid of it anyway and you keep to a lower price he'll come to the party. Tell him you want another 10K off....he can do this be registering it as a demo then transfering the paperwork to you in three months....you still get the car today though. That was the first 10K that came off the Grange.
Then bitch about the colour and the mods. If you've already told him that it's awesome and it's just what you want you may have to get the missus (or a pretend one) down there to say "You're kidding aren't you? You want it in that colour? You call that an exhaust note? sounds like a mazda"...etc, ya get the picture. He'll see the deal walking out the door with you crying to the missus so he'll start dropping a few more grand off.
Even a fake call from a mate who has just found your dream car for 5K less can haVE SURPRISING RESULTS.
It's all a game really. They want the sale as much as you want the car....show too much interest and BAM...they have you on the hook. Go in there with a don't like this and that attitude and BAM....they'll do anything to make the sale.
Sounds like the go as far as the ride goes though...can't beat a walky package....just screw the cheating dog to the wall.
Which dealer too by the way?
If you're in Melbourne the missus will help out for a very modest earner....she saved 25K off my brand new Grange...and that was before the 20K trade:D:D:D....total cost....$50K for a $95K ride.

HSV+tive
24-01-2011, 04:50 PM
man thanks for the offer but Melbs is a bit far away for me, i'm up in Queensland, shopped around in a couple places, Mackay (new pioneer) wants 87k for stock standard 2010 gts without the 6 piston brake kit, i told Cairns dealership (irelends) that Mackay is offering for 85k and i want them to do me a better offer (and that i'm still looking elsewhere) i'm awaiting their response before i start bargaining further.

thanks for the tips though i will definitely squeeze them a little harder now.

GR8T
24-01-2011, 05:21 PM
man thanks for the offer but Melbs is a bit far away for me, i'm up in Queensland, shopped around in a couple places, Mackay (new pioneer) wants 87k for stock standard 2010 gts without the 6 piston brake kit, i told Cairns dealership (irelends) that Mackay is offering for 85k and i want them to do me a better offer (and that i'm still looking elsewhere) i'm awaiting their response before i start bargaining further.

thanks for the tips though i will definitely squeeze them a little harder now.

Back to your first post, I bought a Clubsport in Nitrate IMO looks good with dark tint on the windows (similar to what you would get with Herron), Phantom was my second choice but felt the wheels needed to be dark to finish off the look of the car.Quoting from a recent car mag when the E3's came out "A Clubsport gives you 95%of a GTS at 80% of the price" and don't forget that if you purchase your new car from another dealer apart from where you are going to get it serviced you will only get the 3 years warranty not the 6 year offered from the purchased dealer so you need to factor this into your price you are prepaired to pay.

You will love either one like I do !

220isenator
24-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Dealer warranty means nothing anyway. Factory warranty can be serviced anywhere and still honoured by any Holden Dealer.

Stewiecasserole
24-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Well considering the current list price in the Wheels mag I just bought is $82,900 for the manual and $84,900 i reckon you could do a lot better.......walky add ons or not.
And the stock standard 2010 GTS comes stock WITH 6 piston calipers on the front. Don't tell me you want em on the rear too. Bit a problem with brake bias maybe?
GR8T makes a good point too....an R8 is just shy of a GTS and with the bucks you save you could mod it to smoke a stock GTS in a heart beat:D:D
Current Wheels list price for the R8 $67,600 manual and $69,600 auto.
Good luck dude.

GR8T
24-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Dealer warranty means nothing anyway. Factory warranty can be serviced anywhere and still honoured by any Holden Dealer.

Standard 3 year 175000 klm after Manufacturers warranty:
Premium Free
$1000 per claim

Covers:
Engine
Differential and Driveline
Brakes
Suspension
Fuel Management System
Transmission
Clutch Assembly
Cooling
Electronics and Electro Mechanical
Steering
Air Conditioning

Have you priced a E3 HSV Engine Management Computer 3 years and 1 week just when the manufacturer warranty ran out.
IMO you could hardly call the Dealer extended Warranty useless then.

HSV+tive
24-01-2011, 08:14 PM
talked to eagers in brisbane this afternoon about a black clubsport, auto, leather seats, 20 inch rims, and a walkinshaw supercharger, 2.5 cat back exhaust and cold air intake for a total of 85 grand, how's that sound?

is there too many black clubby's on the road though, i do want to be somewhat unique, they have an alto gray one but it's got 3,000 klms on it and i'd feel a little cheated buying something so expensive and not having all the ks be mine, even if it's just 3000 :rolleyes:

Stewiecasserole
24-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I reckon the blower will negate the fact that it's not the only black ride on the road....Brand new? Go for it I'd say...but still give the price a nudge....nuthin to loose.
....oooo....actually, just re-read your post and are now editing. A 2 1/2" cat back system with a blower? What were they thinking and would you be happy with that?

GR8T
24-01-2011, 08:29 PM
talked to eagers in brisbane this afternoon about a black clubsport, auto, leather seats, 20 inch rims, and a walkinshaw supercharger, 2.5 cat back exhaust and cold air intake for a total of 85 grand, how's that sound?

is there too many black clubby's on the road though, i do want to be somewhat unique, they have an alto gray one but it's got 3,000 klms on it and i'd feel a little cheated buying something so expensive and not having all the ks be mine, even if it's just 3000 :rolleyes:

I have sent you a PM regarding a Alto Grey GTS

LS3 050
24-01-2011, 08:54 PM
That actually sounds a reasonable deal. My Clubby was purchased early in 08 with the LS3, leather seats and manual for $65,000 on the road.

A walkinshaw supercharger costs about $16,000 drive in drive out, and a walkinshaw powerpack - exhaust and cold air is about $3k. 20" rims adds more $$$ also.

If these mods are something you dreamed of doing sometime down the track, Get it now, for the same price as you'd pay for the GTS. (WITHOUT SUPERCHARGER :o)

I take it it's the Harrop 2300 they are putting in???

HSV+tive
25-01-2011, 10:18 AM
i was just wondering, if i was to not go with the supercharger, what could i do to it to gain a decent performance increase?

LS3 050
25-01-2011, 12:38 PM
If it already comes with exhaust upgrade, get an OTR cold air intake, and upgrade the cam. These mods should push it from around the 240rwkw stock, to somewhere about the 300+ rwkw depending on what size cam you get.

Before you ask "what size cam should i get?" do a bit of a search in the forum, as this is a much asked question, and there has been much discussion on this topic.

Stewiecasserole
25-01-2011, 04:28 PM
And for this R8 with 3150km on the clock Egars want $71,690???? Farkin dreamin....they can take $10,000 straight off that price for being a demo, unless it's second hand in which case I'd be asking for double the discount....
http://www.eagershsv.com.au/inventory/CPViewItem.asp?ID=2197

rodders188
25-01-2011, 04:45 PM
If you wanna go cheaper, i saw a 2007 supercharged, cammed walkinshaw clubby on ebay for 65 k low kms

HSV+tive
25-01-2011, 04:48 PM
mackay got back to me with this offer - brand new black clubby, auto, leather, 20 inch rims, with walkinshaw package of 4 into 1 headers with high flow cats and dual 3 inch cat back exhaust, upgraded cam and valve springs, cold air intake and tune for $78,000, should have 380/390 Kw?

i reckon that's gotta be pretty good, play with that a couple years then throw a supercharger in it?

also, do you know if you can get the "317" on the back of the car changed?

HSV+tive
25-01-2011, 04:50 PM
And for this R8 with 3150km on the clock Egars want $71,690???? Farkin dreamin....they can take $10,000 straight off that price for being a demo, unless it's second hand in which case I'd be asking for double the discount....
http://www.eagershsv.com.au/inventory/CPViewItem.asp?ID=2197

that ones the managers car at eagers, he tried to sell me that one.

Stewiecasserole
25-01-2011, 05:01 PM
mackay got back to me with this offer - brand new black clubby, auto, leather, 20 inch rims, with walkinshaw package of 4 into 1 headers with high flow cats and dual 3 inch cat back exhaust, upgraded cam and valve springs, cold air intake and tune for $78,000, should have 380/390 Kw?

i reckon that's gotta be pretty good, play with that a couple years then throw a supercharger in it?

also, do you know if you can get the "317" on the back of the car changed?

Firstly...that managers ride from Eagers.....easy take $10K off...it's a demo.
Second....buy the 317 numbers and stick 'em on.
Lastly....I'd go for the walky packed clubby....primed for a blower and now a bad start price. Try for a couple of $k off though...never get if ya never ask. But that's not bad for new and probably around $8k worth of fun bolted on :D

220isenator
25-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Will the Clubby be 2010 plated or 2011?

colt75
26-01-2011, 08:23 PM
for used car warranty you have to get it serviced at the correct intervals from the dealership you bought it from for the warranty to be valid correct?

220isenator
26-01-2011, 09:02 PM
For a dealer warranty you would have to get it serviced by the dealer, or partner dealer, to keep the warranty but as we are talking about a new car with factory warranty you can get it serviced by any licensed mechanic.