PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Maloo

2doorheaven
19-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Hello,
I am looking to buy a Maloo. I cannot decide on a model but it has to be Black. I have found that the VZ model is great value for money at around 30,000. The VY are up and down and the Vu is around 20,000.

My questions are: is there anything I should be looking for when buying.

If I can buy a Vz with low kms for $29000 it seems $20000 is to much for a Vu. I only say this as the VU r8 is my favourite but if for $10000 more I can get a VZ I will go with the Vz.

Any comments, hints or tips please.

yassite
28-01-2011, 10:44 PM
g'day 2doorheaven. I bought a stock low mileage VZ last Sept and am extremely happy with it. Why? Mainly the Gen IV engine (stronger low down than Gen III with no oil problems). Revs to 6500 in 2nd (auto) at track days. Also has traction control, and goodies like climate control aircon. VERY comfortable seats and classier interior IMO

richo7502000
29-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Hello,
I am looking to buy a Maloo. I cannot decide on a model but it has to be Black. I have found that the VZ model is great value for money at around 30,000. The VY are up and down and the Vu is around 20,000.

My questions are: is there anything I should be looking for when buying.

If I can buy a Vz with low kms for $29000 it seems $20000 is to much for a Vu. I only say this as the VU r8 is my favourite but if for $10000 more I can get a VZ I will go with the Vz.

Any comments, hints or tips please.

The VYII R8 Maloo is another great buy, 285KW LS1, nice seats (same as VZ in YII) and IMO better interior than the VZ (carbon look console side trims etc). They would likely be a bit cheaper than the vz too.
Cheers
Richo

2doorheaven
29-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the replies,
I dont need to buy until April but I dont want to be stuck having to just take anything. I think I will hang out and wait for the right Maloo no matter what model and price. Who knows maybe a VE by the time I get around to finding the right one.