PDA

View Full Version : Foam guns

Fullback
31-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi all, what does everyone think of foam guns as part of washing down the car. American car websites seem to rave about them but it doesn't seem to be big here.

There aren't a lot of guns available either with only one or two on EBay and a couple of the car product sites such as www.carcareproducts.com.au. Not all that cheap either.

The theory is that the foam creates "lubricity" and hence you can hose off most dirt etc. The wash then becomes quick and easy with of course the aim of the exercise being no swirl marks!

Appreciate any feedback.

dan08R8
31-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey Fullback, I recently purchased a foam gun from carcareproducts. It definitely helps to minimise wash induced swirls, I foam the car first let it sit for about 5 minutes then pressure wash off. By foaming then pressure rinsing it removes most of the dirt from the surface and helps soften anything remaining. Then I wash with 2 bucket method.

From what I read some guys use foam guns to apply alkaline traffic film removers that will give a 'touchless' wash, however this type of products can remove or decrease durability of certain waxes and sealants.

I think a foam gun is useful but not essential. If you already have a pressure washer this will helps rinse a lot of dirt off before washing, the foam gun just helps remove more.

Fullback
01-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Very useful feedback...thanks :)