PDA

View Full Version : TOP GEAR AUSTRALIA gone to the pits!!

YGOSLO
01-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Now! I give everyone a fair go but jesus christ guys just give this program away. You can't copy something which is unique and has professonal talented people who actually know what they are talking about. Its English, its bloody good but don't copy it.

Who ****en cares about idiots strapping surf boards to an old shit boxes to take to lake Eryr. Who wants to see an old Falcon shit box driving round a dissused airport runway.

A new Car Program is needed which is Australian!!!!!!, testing and ringing the necks off Australian, and other performance cars against each other.

SAM NEWMAN is the man to do this, he has got balls, he's a sarcastic prick and guy who knows about cars. He will light up the show. Give me your votes and I will contact him.

Regards

YGOSLO

arbshsvsenator
01-11-2010, 10:38 PM
YGOSLO - I have to agree putting an Aussie spin on the English Top Gear, woeful! Had we never seen the original Top Gear here in Australia it may have worked. But we have now been dished up three seasons of the same garbage and channel nine are rehashing old English top gear repeats even worse. When are we going to get a real motoring programme that tests cars. I have seen shorts on the Seven Two network that a new season of Fifth Gear will be screening soon.

Pickles
02-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Now! I give everyone a fair go but jesus christ guys just give this program away. You can't copy something which is unique and has professonal talented people who actually know what they are talking about. Its English, its bloody good but don't copy it.

Who ****en cares about idiots strapping surf boards to an old shit boxes to take to lake Eryr. Who wants to see an old Falcon shit box driving round a dissused airport runway.

A new Car Program is needed which is Australian!!!!!!, testing and ringing the necks off Australian, and other performance cars against each other.

SAM NEWMAN is the man to do this, he has got balls, he's a sarcastic prick and guy who knows about cars. He will light up the show. Give me your votes and I will contact him.

Regards

YGOSLO
This show is currently RUBBISH.
You are SPOT ON....I never thought of it....but yes, one thousand percent..SAM NEWMAN.....he would fix the program BIG TIME....and he's a real car nut.
So, you know him.....?!
Why haven't the producers thought of him?.....He would be SPOT ON for the Aussie Jeremy Clarkeson.
You have my vote.
Cheers, Pickles.

CANT.CU
02-11-2010, 09:56 AM
I agree with this too i can't watch it is so boring i have to say having Sam on it would make it a laugh at least

blown vy gts
02-11-2010, 06:26 PM
totally agree the bloke that played kenny had the zr1 corvette last week and had trouble trying to go sideways seriously 635hp he can't drive for sh*t least clarkson can throw it around and drive it like he stole it these aussie guys are boring..

VX15ANNIV
02-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Chemistry, you can not imitate that because that is what the pommy show has, our show has no chemistry and is doomed to fail.
Not sure what format an Aussie show should have but add someone that is natural, sarcastic, funny and can drive and the basic ingredients will have been achieved, maybe that is Sam!!!

Simonk
02-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Anyone notice for the Lambo section they wet the corners of the track. The rest of the track was dry. I imagine though that Lambo Aus probably didn't want them flogging the cr@p out of it. As for the show itself, it doesn't annoy me that much and I'd prefer to watch some boring blokes drive and talk about cars than watch some kids cooking or whatever else is on. I'm just thankful that in a time where it's becoming more socially unacceptable to be a car enthusiast, there are more car shows on free to air than there used to be. And when/if they test drive the latest GTS or FPV you guys won't mind watching it in action.

HSV MAX
02-11-2010, 10:23 PM
I dont know why this travesty was resurected after the last Aussie top gear shit, bury it and go for something AUSTRALIAN not a pommy rip off..... end rant

nonchalant
03-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Yea caught part of the episode last night which started with them deliberately smashing cars into caravans...I'm sure their of the impression their catering to an audience of 12 year olds...

Then I had to laugh when they were doing a trek from A to B and one of them was freaking out he wasnt going to make it because his fuel guage had just hit empty and he still had 40km to go. IMO even an idiot knows that most cars have a reserve tank that holds another 8 litres or so.. (ie car uses say 10L/100Km on the highway so he actually would have had twice as much fuel left in the tank as he would have needed to make the journey..) :rolleyes:

HSV V8
04-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah they cant do it like the english...

Krew-Zing
11-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Its the Only thing the english are better at hahaha:p

dean
14-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah Sam is surley the man for the job what about Eric banner his a actor a car enthusiast and he killed his ford

I don't think anyone will ever beat top gear as we have all grown to like it seeing 3 car people that like cars that can drive and that like to play practical jokes on one another those 3 are like best mates

mrhsv1
16-12-2010, 06:33 PM
I do agree with everyone on this.
History repeats itself yet again.
When will we ever learn?

snatchit69
22-12-2010, 12:06 AM

Regards

YGOSLO

Dam straight mate, you have my vote.
Aussie cars getting a thrashing, that's what we want to see.:grin: