PDA

View Full Version : HSV Clubsport GXP - She won't start

asteers
19-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Well yesterday went to start the car, brand new, 1700kms on it and nothing, turn the key and nothing!
RAC came and battery is okay, restarted the computer, still nothing! So they tow it to Shacks Holden.

So far Shacks have not been able to tell me a thing, except that they can't figure it out and had to send data from my car to Holden Headquarters in Melbourne.

Apparently was going to get a call this morning with an update, almost lunch time and not heard a thing. Growing impatient and unhappy.

Has anyone else had this problem, Shacks told me yesterday they had never seen this before.

IEVLV8
19-10-2010, 04:36 PM
any more info would help

did it crank but not start or was it just dead completely?

asteers
19-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Nope, didn't crank at all. Just completely dead.

All fixed now, apparently a fuse blew, they have never seen this fuse blow before and don't have any explanation for why it blew in the first place. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

colt75
19-10-2010, 10:04 PM
did you have to pay for the tow?

shit like that shouldnt happen with such a new car

zclubby
20-10-2010, 06:01 PM
And hopefully they showed you which fuse so you know for next time.

richo7502000
20-10-2010, 09:38 PM
My VY Wagon had a similar thing brand new in '04.
Three times I blew a fuse, once was while turning off the Bolte bridge onto the Monash...and the car died each time and was unable to be restarted, the others was similar to you as I went to start it.
Turned out I had a dodgy engine harness from factory, which was replaced under warranty after I went bezerk after nearly getting cleaned up on the monash with a dead car in the middle of 5-6 lanes in peak hour :mad:

asteers
21-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Don't have to pay for tow, as far as I know. The road side ***istance people seem unwilling to touch the car if they can't find the problem with a few simple checks, so then they just tow it at their cost (I hope).

The dealership has asked me not to call the RAC next time and to call them so that they can get it towed straight away to them, because they want to see if before anyone else has touched it. But lets hope it was a once off, maybe a bad fuse and it doesn't happen again.

zclubby
21-10-2010, 05:29 PM
after I went bezerk after nearly getting cleaned up on the monash with a dead car in the middle of 5-6 lanes in peak hour :mad:

What could you have possibly been cleaned up by? A car travellng a 13kph

richo7502000
21-10-2010, 08:19 PM
What could you have possibly been cleaned up by? A car travellng a 13kph

Nah was in 04 Before F@cked up road works Z man they USED to do 100 back then..... hehehehehe :)

SPARGO
21-10-2010, 09:37 PM
did they tell you what fuse blew???