PDA

View Full Version : VE R8 'Clubsport' lettering peeling away

CLU61
07-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi All

just after some advice - I have noticed on my VE Clubbie that the 'CLUBSPORT' lettering along the sideskirt is lifting off in parts. Just 1 or 2 letters here and there have the extremity of the letter lifting away.

Is there a trick to sticking them back down? I thought about cleaning behind the lifted off part with a wax/grease remover, trimming a fine splice of industrial-strength double sided adhesive and working it behind the lifted part of the letter but that would be mega-fiddly and the lettering is that thin that I would run the risk of the advesive being visible behind the letter if not trimmed thin enough. Is there some sort of other adhesive I can use that would be easier to apply?

Any advice welcome.

Cheers

scottsr8
07-10-2010, 02:16 PM
The best bet is to go to your dealership and they will replace it under warranty / Ebay a new set and replace all of them.
Im on my second set and they are peeling off again so its time to trade in for me.,..

Dazzz
07-10-2010, 02:21 PM
The best bet is to go to your dealership and they will replace it under warranty / Ebay a new set and replace all of them.
Im on my second set and they are peeling off again so its time to trade in for me.,..

That is a good enough excuse for an E3! ;)
--
Dazzz

IanR8
07-10-2010, 10:40 PM
I had the same issue, I just took it in to Holden and they replaced it under Warranty, no problems.

Cheers.

CLU61
07-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Thanks guys.

Would be nice to have it sorted under warranty but my
R8 is an early 07 model. The warranty period is only 3 years isnt it?

LS3 050
08-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Yeah but it's been a very common problem for many, they may just replace it for you. it's the glue not sticking to the skirts, hence now why they put the stickers on the lower part of the rear door.

scottsr8
09-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Mine are stuck to the door and are peeling off again! Its just a cheap crappy sticker that wont stick to anything for a long period of time.
At the end of the day the paint is the same isnt it...

LS3 050
10-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Mine are stuck to the door and are peeling off again! Its just a cheap crappy sticker that wont stick to anything for a long period of time.
At the end of the day the paint is the same isnt it...

It's not the paint, its the material the skirts are made of as opposed to the material the door is made from.
Mine are on the skirt, and i've never had a problem with them.

CLU61
19-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Well I'll hit up my local Holden, see if I can get them to do it for me.

Thanks fellas.

Krew-Zing
20-10-2010, 11:24 PM
I also had the same problem but for a quick fix i used
a double sided tape and it worked wonders only in close inspection can you see the tape but it saved me alot of hassle and looks good for now.

ive also washed over it several times and it still holds firm.

Just a suggestion if you have not tryed it.

cruzer
11-11-2010, 07:58 PM
I had the same problem go to your dealer buy new ones , very easy to replace as stickers are spaced at correct distance apart all in 1. just heat them up with a hair dryer which softens them and they come off easy without pulling any paint off, clean area with a bit of kerosene, dry and put new ones on , will take about 30 minutes to do all up
Cheers