PDA

View Full Version : CB Radios

chukfu
06-10-2010, 09:14 AM
A few of us went on a trip to Port Stephens last weekend. Some of us already had CB's, got my other mates to buy this:

****smith.com.au/product/D2084/uniden-uhf-walkie-talkie-twin-pack

Click on the reviews and read it, esp the bottom one... WTF!

EDIT: the **** is d!ck

Stewiecasserole
06-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Breaker breaker. Copy Chukfu? Roger that on the CBs. Will head on up highway 9 and take a butchers next time I get the rig in town. 10 4 good buddy.

IEVLV8
13-10-2010, 04:58 PM
smart ass stewie

i got a new one 5w CB waterproof good for 15Klm range, my last one got stolen

i find them very useful for cruises or long road trips to chat to the truckies in our code to find the cops and so on

Stewiecasserole
13-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Fair call IEVLV8. Actually yacking to HRDHSV the other day 'coz this post reminded me that I've got four really neat little hand helds that work a treat. Use 'em with the kids at theme parks and the like so the range is up for what would be needed on a cruise.
Needless to say HRD caned me for not taking them on all the other cruises but they will be going on the next one.

IEVLV8
13-10-2010, 09:18 PM
yeah when i lived in vic we used them on cruises there all the time, very handy if you get lost, left at lights, pop a tyre and so on

grange250
14-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Have had Uniden CBs for years. Work well when out of cell phone range - north coast of NSW.
Finding out about the radar traps can soon see one paid for in missed fines. Also handy about diversions for accidents. Some very nice units that can basically be "hidden."

IEVLV8
14-10-2010, 03:03 PM
why would you want them hidden, CB aren't illegal, neither are scanners but they are frowned upon

zclubby
14-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Fair call IEVLV8. Actually yacking to HRDHSV the other day 'coz this post reminded me that I've got four really neat little hand helds that work a treat. Use 'em with the kids at theme parks and the like so the range is up for what would be needed on a cruise.
Needless to say HRD caned me for not taking them on all the other cruises but they will be going on the next one.

KKKKKKKSH KKKKKSH We Going to a theme park then?? KKKKKKSH Stewie. Over and out KKKKKSH

HSV MAX
16-10-2010, 08:49 PM
When i used to Drive Tow Trucks we all had x cop UHFs, big box under the seat and just a Mic hangin up and remote display. It scanned all the good channels and i could modulate aswell, just never on the "blue" channel.

Great things to have if in a remote area or traveling throo one as i do and often do.

grange250
17-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Hidden so they can't be knocked off; they also take up a fair bit of space. Current one has all the controls on the mike unit. Nothing gets in the way.
Works well for the "nasty spots" on Hume and Federal Highways.

220isenator
22-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Used UHF's for years in 4wding as you definitely need them there, as well as HF.
Now have the Uniden handhelds for cruises in the Senator and when the wife is following me in the other car.
Great for talking to everyone from truckies, caravan drivers and mates for road info and overtaking opportunities.
Good fun listening in on the police channels to.