PDA

View Full Version : Problem with factory head unit in VE Maloo

09R8Maloo
13-09-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm having problems with the factory head unit in my 09 VE Maloo (Series 1). Sometimes when I start the vehicle, the stereo won't turn on (remains blank/no sound), even when pressing the power button. I have tried giving it some time to see whether it will turn on eventually, but no joy, even after a 25 minute drive home. The only way I have been able to overcome this problem is to turn the vehicle off completely and then turn it back on. It's frustrating more than anything else...

Has anyone had similar issues or know of any solutions?

zclubby
14-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Do any other ACC items do the same thing? If so, it might be a problem with he ignition barrell.

Otherwise I would think it is a fault within the head unit itself

SV300
14-09-2010, 09:48 PM
I had problems with the radio not responding to buttons and the outside air temp not functioning.

I found that it was the battery voltage not being high enough on the start causing problems with the radio.

I replaced the battery (3 years old and the small 520cca one) with a new battery (720cca) and problem gone. Holden did change battery sizes half way through the build. Check your batt gauge (as good as it is) and you might see it fluctuate a bit.

James

Stewiecasserole
14-09-2010, 10:43 PM
CD function just died yesterday...only got the radio now....pain in the bumper bar....never listen to the radio. Oh well....first warranty job coming up I suppose. Have to wait till after the Nats though.

09R8Maloo
15-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Thanks lads... your feedback is greatly appreciated. At least now I have a few options to explore... Cheers

zclubby
15-09-2010, 05:23 PM
CD function just died yesterday...only got the radio now....pain in the bumper bar....never listen to the radio. Oh well....first warranty job coming up I suppose. Have to wait till after the Nats though.

That'll teach you for trying to jam tapes in there