PDA

View Full Version : VE GTS vs Clubby

X HSV X
13-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Great forum!
Just chasing some help. I'm looking at buying my first HSV with a budget of around 45K. I've been patrolling carsales looking at 06 to 07 GTS's (not to much available with my price range) or a 07 to 08 clubby (slightly more available). What I know about HSV's I have learnt by reading the posts in your forum "BIG THANKS" and I have a pretty good Idea of what the difference between a GTS and a Clubby is however if I got the opportunity to buy a 6.2 litre clubby vs a 6 litre GTS what would be the better car. I will be looking for the lowest possible km's and this car will just be my week-end drive. I'll be looking at putting a walknshaw power pack (when I can afford it) on what ever I buy if it doesn't already have it.

Another question buying a car from another state is the any traps to look out for?

Recently sold my fully bombed VY SV8 (miss it like crazy) need a new ride and would like to step it up.

PS got the plates X HSV X just need the car :D

LS3 050
13-09-2010, 11:37 AM
I'd go the 6.2ltr Clubby, if MRC is not important to you. Other than that there is not too much of a difference except for 19" v's 20" rims, slightly different seats and kit. LS3 is a better engine.

X HSV X
15-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Yeah bigger engine sounds like the go!
Anyone bought a car from another state? I know once I bring it back to QLD I'll have to get a RWC to register it. However what paper work needs to be completed in the state of purchase ? Proof of purchase?

Dazzz
15-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah bigger engine sounds like the go!
Anyone bought a car from another state? I know once I bring it back to QLD I'll have to get a RWC to register it. However what paper work needs to be completed in the state of purchase ? Proof of purchase?

What sort of $$ are you spending? Have you considered a brand new GXP?
--
Dazzz

X HSV X
15-09-2010, 04:50 PM
45k, I have thought about GXP but I like the extras that you get with R8 or a GTS. GXP's look like a great car for the money just not for me.

Dazzz
15-09-2010, 06:01 PM
45k, I have thought about GXP but I like the extras that you get with R8 or a GTS. GXP's look like a great car for the money just not for me.

Fair enough. Just I was in a similar spot and went for the GXP. There is not a lot extra between an R8 and a GXP. Brand new with 3 year warranty sold it for me.
--
Dazzz

SLUG
16-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Tough decision to make! For me I would lean towards the R8 for three reasons: LS3 engine, newer car and you will still have some factory warranty which is nice to have. Having owned one of the first released VE GTS's and now a Senator Sig the LS3 is a much more enjoyable beast although I must state that these are in stock form other than a cat-back exhaust. With the 06/07 GTS I personally wouldn't rate the MRC as an important thing to have as I found it either to hard in "track" or to soft and bouncy in "performance". I think this was corrected in the first update on the GTS.
regards
slug

X HSV X
20-09-2010, 08:08 AM
I can see how the new LS3 and a later model car make sense but there is something about a GTS that keeps me coming back to them. I'm sure that I would be wrapped in either one but yeah leaning towards the R8.

Dazzz
20-09-2010, 09:56 AM
I can see how the new LS3 and a later model car make sense but there is something about a GTS that keeps me coming back to them. I'm sure that I would be raped in either one but yeah leaning towards the R8.

I hope you meant "wrapped" in either one! :eek:
--
Dazzz