PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP with my decision.....

Feathers
10-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Hi guys - really need some input and help with my HSV purchase.

Whilst there are tonnes of variants out there, I'm stuck between 2 particular cars.

Option 1: HSV GXP E2 - Manual, Phantom II - New 2010 build. Drive away $51K (317KW 6.2)

Option 2: HSV GTS E1 - Manual, Silver, Factory Sunroof, Factory DVD Roof mount, 2007 Build. GTS extras like reversing sensors etc. 17000 KM's from new. Drive away $56K. (307KW 6.0)

Which ever way I go, it'll be my daily drive. Love black, not a mass fan of silver. Really like the idea of the bigger engine.

HELP!! Really frustrated. Is the extra $5K worth going back 3 years for a color I'm not into, but extras I am. Plus, it's a GTS..with only 17 thou on the clock....?

Looking forward to your thoughts. :)

zclubby
10-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Go the GTS I say. I wasnt overly keen on silver either but now that I own one I love it and would almost go as far to say that I would now choose it given the choice.

GTS has already dropped (majority of) its value where as the GXP is still to do so.

I think GXP should only appeal to potential SSV (Brand new) buyers.

Thats my opinion, take it or leave and good luck with the choice

Feathers
10-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Cheers for that. Depreciation is an excellent thought. I'm really stuck mostly on the color. My WH2 is pretty modded, on injected gas, black and in awesome nic. But, it'll have to go to make way for a new beast.

Dazzz
10-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Cheers for that. Depreciation is an excellent thought. I'm really stuck mostly on the color. My WH2 is pretty modded, on injected gas, black and in awesome nic. But, it'll have to go to make way for a new beast.

I was in a similar situation and opted for the GXP, more than happy with it!

I was tossing up between $40k for a 3 year old R8, $46k for a new SS-V or $50k for the GXP.

Just something about a car that no one else has owned!!!
--
Dazzz

Feathers
10-09-2010, 10:02 PM
LMAO - nothing better than conflicting advice.

Cheers - keep it coming.

Stewiecasserole
10-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Well my first thought would have been the GTS but then again, the GXP

is more powerful
comes with a three year waranty which is GOLD
can easily be retro fitted with reverse and front sensors (trust me you want the front ones too) and a DVD
comes in a colour you like

Forget the sun roof. Waste of money IMO....too noisy, could leak and are either too cold in winter or too hot in summer. You want the sun on your scone then buy a convertible.

Go the GXP....some might rag on you for not having a "real" HSV but thats crap anyway....plus you can smoke any 2007 GTS at the lights :D:D:D

And DAZZ is right...that new car sensation is ultimate....if you've never experienced it do it now but be warned...you'll never want another secondhand car again, unless it was a W427:lol:

Just my thoughts...no offense to any of the GTS owners out there so please don't give me a hard time:mrgreen:

Feathers
10-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Cheers, this is actually helping

:idea:

macca33
12-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Definitely go the GXP - better engine / gearbox for a start and a BRAND NEW car. If it was an LS3 (6.2lt) GTS, I'd have a different stance, but it is not an LS3 and it is 3 + years old.

And as Stewie says, the GXP IS a real HSV, so no worries there for brand aficionados.

cheers

zig
12-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Hard choice.

The GXP is new and a bigger donk, will you be modding it?

The GTS has a lot of goodies the GXP wont have.

New cam and mods below it, i would go the GXP

No mods i would go the GTS

Krisiun
12-09-2010, 10:23 AM
GTS for genuine HSV pedigree - GXP is synonymous with povo pack unfortunately - like GS model is for FPV range.

Feathers
12-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks for all the input - most helpful.

Well, 'povo' pack or not, 317 KW is still 317 KW 6.2 V8 is still where it's at.

New car warranty couldn't be overlooked.

Discounting from 62k down to 50k, most of the depreciation for the first year or so is done.

Delivery in about a week of a Black GXP Manual - Decided.

Cheers everyone.

VX15ANNIV
12-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Well done Feathers, sounded to me like you needed to make your own decision and it appears you have, enjoy.

Stewiecasserole
12-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Good on ya Feathers....shotgun first lap around the block:D:D:D