PDA

View Full Version : HSVOC Vic meeting at HP/F 29th June

richo7502000
28-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi...Is anyone going from the club to the HP/F tomorrow night. I am pretty sure I am going, and I think mr Nurburg will be too....
It should be a good night! Hope to see some of you there!
cheers
Richo

macca33
28-06-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm definitely hoping to - have to get up off my bum for a HSVOC meeting sooner or later.

Hope to see you there.

cheers

go sick
29-06-2010, 12:19 AM
im going i have to do day shift to get there but finish at 6pm and its like 1km from work so i will see you guys there

CANT.CU
29-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Hey guys how are you all!! I wont be able to make it tonight working back late.. Can you guys post up any info from tonight that's important that would be great, Thanks have a great night..

Nurburg608
29-06-2010, 11:43 AM
we'll be there mite be a bit late coz i've gotta go home and get Jason first then fight the traffic to get there :x

Try the traffic coming from Sunbury then :p

richo7502000
30-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Good to see everyone there again last night....wasnt too bad a night at all!
HP/F were very welcoming yet again, so thanks guys.

I'm Gonna have to get some of that Voodoo ride Mojo one day soon! Looks like something I could use! :cool:

The demonstration was a bit long for the second time in 2 months, but I dont sit thru stuff like that at the best of times (must be my ADHD :rolleyes:).
Im very excited about the HSV Nationals bigtime after hearing some more info!
Thanks again for the Ride in Rory was great to cruise in with the Nurburg machine, its a nice car! :D

HSVE01
30-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Good to see everyone there again last night....wasnt too bad a night at all!
HP/F were very welcoming yet again, so thanks guys.

I'm Gonna have to get some of that Voodoo ride Mojo one day soon! Looks like something I could use! :cool:

The demonstration was a bit long for the second time in 2 months, but I dont sit thru stuff like that at the best of times (must be my ADHD :rolleyes:).
Im very excited about the HSV Nationals bigtime after hearing some more info!
Thanks again for the Ride in Rory was great to cruise in with the Nurburg machine, its a nice car! :D

Would anyone care to elaborate on the info Richo speaks of for those of us who could not make it last night?

Richo, hope it wasn't the same guy? HENCE!!!!!!!! :grin:

richo7502000
30-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Would anyone care to elaborate on the info Richo speaks of for those of us who could not make it last night?

Richo, hope it wasn't the same guy? HENCE!!!!!!!! :grin:

There was just a bit of a clarification on the Street/Concourse classes and stuff, an brief explanation saying that the HSV/HRT tour is when you pick up your goodies on the Thursday arvo, and a bit of an explanation of how the set up will be done.
Also that they are HOPING to have Lang Lang as the cruise destination and that there may be around 300 HSV cars on that cruise, how exciting what a great looking traffic Jam that will be.

And yes it was the "Hence" dude again...:rolleyes: it was a "mint" demonstration this time though :eek:
But I didnt say that! :D:D

HRDHSV
30-06-2010, 03:15 PM
What clarification Richo?

richo7502000
30-06-2010, 07:09 PM
The clarification was that although the applications say concourse is basically for non driven cars pretty much that if we submit pics to Colin or russel that they would determine where we fit in as in either street or concourse as they see fit!.
Since I have a red VYII like so many others Im guessing my scuffed rims (x2) will make mine a streeter rather than concourse but will let them decide....
Sounds like a great event, Im very excited to be part of this 1

go sick
01-07-2010, 12:28 AM
yeah looks like they don`t want any shit box`s street cars in there big show n shine so we will have to have our cars out side mmm what wood it look like with 2 green gards and a black boot and 2 white doors when i turn up to the show ha ha these pp are starting to shit me

HRDHSV
01-07-2010, 05:45 AM
The clarification was that although the applications say concourse is basically for non driven cars pretty much that if we submit pics to Colin or russel that they would determine where we fit in as in either street or concourse as they see fit!.
Since I have a red VYII like so many others Im guessing my scuffed rims (x2) will make mine a streeter rather than concourse but will let them decide....
Sounds like a great event, Im very excited to be part of this 1

Ah ok, did they mention at all if we could give our application forms together with our pics & money to Russel or Colin at a meeting? I would much rather do that than send a money order.

CANT.CU
01-07-2010, 01:14 PM
hi just wondering will the cars be indoor the 3 days of the show??

richo7502000
01-07-2010, 01:35 PM
hi just wondering will the cars be indoor the 3 days of the show??

For those fortunate enough :D to be deemed Concourse 'Yes' the car has to be there from morning friday until 7 roughly the Sunday morning before the cruise.
Importantly your car MUST be left with a 'full tank of petrol' I guess thats either for a) Fire safety or b) so that when some punk breaks into the exhibition buildings he can get 3/4 the way back to Adelaide with your car without having to do a fuel job at a servo :rolleyes:

Street class, you would be lucky if ya car was still there after 3 days outside the exhibition buildings, so they let ya take it home.

HRDHSV
01-07-2010, 01:40 PM
You'd be in concorse wouldnt't you Richo? :lol::lol:

richo7502000
01-07-2010, 01:59 PM
You'd be in concorse wouldnt't you Richo? :lol::lol:

I know your taking the Piss, BUT.. I think they are toning down concourse a bit from "never been driven on the road museum pieces", to nice neat cars.
So...If it wasnt for the 2 scratched rims I could go close to what they are looking for after a real good scrub, I dont have any stone chips etc and the interior is 100% spot on as it should be after 60,000km, its pretty much like it rolled from the factory too, with no mods at all.
The Main thing going against it is its a red VYII R8...and they are a dime a dozen in the club :rolleyes:

But Im more interested in showing in street class anyway, as I dont want to leave my car 3 days.....I need it!

Nurburg608
01-07-2010, 03:18 PM
I'll have my rims perfect and the car fully detailed etc but if i'm not allowed inside because I actually drive my car and have a few stone chips then it will probably stay at home. I plan on having drinks on both nights and not leaving it outside down there :p

HRDHSV
02-07-2010, 07:27 AM
In all honesty Richo I dont think the VX will make the cut for concorse:(

richo7502000
02-07-2010, 09:48 AM
In all honesty Richo I dont think the VX will make the cut for concorse:(

I think it would, Ive never looked for stone chips or what the seats etc are like in ya car to be honest...I dont ever get past the slammed on its ass with big wheels and a big F'k off supercharger under the bonnet look that it has!!! :D
That would attract a good crowd at the Nationals. :D

Its probably harder to be concourse on a stocky because people look and go....Nice car BUT its not that good look at the slight mark on the wheels and the stone chips :mad:
I think there will be pretty much museum pieces only for the 'Stock' HSV line up of the models IMO (counting me out), but as far as the modified cars goes, yours turns heads (especially with the bonnet up) so I reckon you will be in 4 sure!