PDA

View Full Version : Yukky looking water marks

Mitch_40
10-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi Guys,

Had this problem for a while now and can't seem to get rid of it easily! :(

No matter how I wash my car, in the backyard or at the car wash, I can seem to get rid of these water marks. I don't think it's the paint though as they're on the windows as well so obviously I have done something to it at some stage.

Any ideas on what causes this? Images attached.

Looks sik from a distance though :P

Mitch

Stewiecasserole
10-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Are you using a chamois then any product?

Mitch_40
10-03-2010, 01:17 PM
I use a chamois but no product. Tried a bit of polish but didn't seem to do much.

The paint feels really rough too. :(

nonchalant
10-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Hmm looks like the effects of acid rain or fallout of some sort.. :confused:

CLUBSPORT305
10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
This stuff will get rid of stains on glass, had your very same problem! (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/duragloss/nu_glass_polish)

Mitch_40
10-03-2010, 04:43 PM
sweet, does that only do windows though?

CLUBSPORT305
10-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Havnt used it on paint work but a mate recommened this ( http://www.fw1.com.au/ ) the other day, he says its gold but i havnt used it yet!

Stewiecasserole
10-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Haven't used this stuff yet but their Purple works a treat on tail pipes. Just this minute picked up the M-Ron Glass. I would suggest a read of their web site and use the M-Ron Deep Clean followed by the M-Ron Glass. Again haven't tried either yet.
http://www.calcustom.com.au/CatalogueRetrieve.aspx?CatalogueID=8527

VX15ANNIV
10-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Mate I am no expert but I am going to give you my opinion anyway...I would give it a though wash then use a reputable clay bar system, then polish the sh.t out of it, if this does not work then maybe you will require a repaint, hope not for your sake.

SPARGO
10-03-2010, 09:00 PM
ah.. dirty water spots.

Usually left by dried town water. or rain and dirt that has dried.

the stuff that RNP_23 showed ya from http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/duragloss/nu_glass_polish
should work, if you follow the instruction. not to be used on plastic or painted surfaces.

If our car is feeling rough after a wash, and you still have waterspots in your paint. you will need a paint correction by a trusted detailer. wash, claybar, machine polish, seal.

And that FW1 stuff for your paint is shit... makes your car look really shiny. but is achieved by using lots of fillers... will wash out after a couple washes, then your car will look average again. next door neighbour used it on his black VS SS.

Mitch_40
11-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the tips guys.

I like the sound of going to a professional detailer. I don't want to make it worse and then cost twice as much to get it fixed :)

Cheers for the tips though :)

ERASER
13-03-2010, 05:42 PM
You say youve used polish. Polish doent clean your paint it only adds a shine.
those marks will come off with a paint cleaner. So try mequires colour X or similar and those marks will come off. To polish a car you nedd to do the 3 steps. Paint cleaner which is a fine cut step. Then polish which adds the shine and then wax which seals it all up. By the looks of those pics its never been treated to a paint clean. If your not to sure get a detailer to do it properly. Dont use any detailer as theyll just stuff it up. Get a proper detailer thats recommended. Expect to pay around the $300 mark.

runted
20-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Just my 5 cents worth, my car had similar marks that appeared the wash after i gave the plastics an intense dose of trim detailer and whilst i wiped off the excess the marks did appear and whilst hosing the car off I watched them appear and the chamois didnt remove them but they came off the paint work easily enough with the meguiars cleaner wax, and do reappear each wash

Corry
21-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I had the same on one of my Cruisers. I had it on the top of the front gaurds and figured it was from the heat under the engine bay as it was nowhere else on the car.
I gave it to our local 'Touch Up' guys for a full polish and it come back a million bucks. I was just too lazy to do it myself on the Cruiser, it's a knock around car so I'm lazy as when it comes to working on it myself.
Not sure what they use, but they refuse to cut and polish as that is what I asked for initially, so I ended up having just a polish. Now my Commodore's 12 months old I might give him that as well to do just for a top up of protection.

Cheers
Corry

quityabitchn
03-05-2010, 08:16 PM
FW1 is the way to go. good atuff but can be expensive. it works on glass,paint and rims