PDA

View Full Version : Buying an R8. VTII or VX/VXII

muggo05
13-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Hey guys,

i'm starting to look for an R8 Clubbie now and cant decide on what to buy.

I want at least an LS1 so that means VTII on. And i want all the fruit on the R8 over the normal Clubsport.

my Dilemma is over which model to buy.
I especially want the Premium brake package which come up about the same on VTII and VX.

I like the look of the VTII better.

I would prefer climate control which is on the VX series.

I want leather seats which are again about the same on both models.

not too fussed over traction control which is on the VX series and not on the VTII.

Are there any other things I am missing or forgotten which could push me one way or the other??

Do any of you on here have any experiences with these cars to share to help make my decision.

at the moment i am looking at the VX more, but if i can find a Low Kms VTII with leather and premium brakes i might go for that.

thanks for any help you can give,

Josh.

macca33
14-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Pity you weren't here last week - a sensational VX2 SV300 - with ALL the fruit was for sale, but the owner had to trade it due to lack of interest.

Good luck with the search.

cheers

Senator358
20-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Hey mate, not sure if you'd be interested. I have my HSV VT Senator Signature 220i for sale. Not an LS1 but a 5.7L factory stroked Holden V8 (same engine as the VT GTS Series 1). Full leather interior, Climate Control, 137k's, DBA cross drilled slotted rotors (Rare only 208 built).
Otherwise if it's a standard Clubsport - VT have 17inch wheels over the VX 18inch, an extra 5kw in the VX, slight change to the exhaust.

HK GTS 327
24-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Hi Muggo
I have our VTii R8 Clubsport coming up for sale. We have just upgraded to a GTO Signature Coupe' and I plan to put the Clubbie on Carpoint.
We bought it new from Suttons Homebush Dec 1999 and has been dealer serviced till recently. Now serviced by a 50 Y.O. Ex GM-H mechanic. I am 51 Y.O.
I still have the compendium and authenticity certificate. Put them in the filing cabinet when they were new. Always garaged.
Just 65000Ks. Manual. Stock standard car.
Sting Red. We kept it for so long because we like the styling. Has towbar / HSV floormats/ headlight protectors/car bra/ window tint etc. Rego till Dec2010 Please call me if you are interested.
Regards
Nick
041 761 5648

Pickles
24-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi Muggo
I have our VTii R8 Clubsport coming up for sale. We have just upgraded to a GTO Signature Coupe' and I plan to put the Clubbie on Carpoint.
We bought it new from Suttons Homebush Dec 1999 and has been dealer serviced till recently. Now serviced by a 50 Y.O. Ex GM-H mechanic. I am 51 Y.O.
I still have the compendium and authenticity certificate. Put them in the filing cabinet when they were new. Always garaged.
Just 65000Ks. Manual. Stock standard car.
Sting Red. We kept it for so long because we like the styling. Has towbar / HSV floormats/ headlight protectors/car bra/ window tint etc. Rego till Dec2010 Please call me if you are interested.
Regards
Nick
041 761 5648
Well, there you go Muggo....an LS1 powered, 65K, 1 owner "plumb".....the ideal car for you....!!!
Cheers, Pickles.

GTS1313
24-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Sounds like HK GTS327 has the perfect car for you Muggo.......call him and see what he's asking. You cannot go past a one owner well cared for car like this!!

HK GTS 327
24-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi Guys
Just a little more on the R8 and myself.
I guess I kind of qualify as one of "those" owners....... I am a confirmed petrol head and like to think I have looked after the Clubbie well.

I have several other cars and do a few shows with the HK Monaro. I'm known to some of the QLD Monaro Club people who have been kind enough to invite me to place the HK in their display at the Brisbane Rod show for the last two years where it has picked up "Contemporary" trophies each time.
Last Sunday it received "Top Contemporary" and "Best Holden" at the annual North Coast Street Machines' Show and Shine at Ballina. This event is an ASMF pointscore event and attracts hundreds of cars each year.
We've been in no particular hurry to sell the Clubbie because we enjoyed it so much. I believe that in many ways it still holds it's own with its younger brothers. The driving experience and performance, although ultimately slower, is similar.
It has mostly been driven around town and (unfortunately) has never seen a track. It really is my better half's car. She's a bit of a confirmed HSV "liker" who was not at all keen when I was out looking for a nice blue Evo-9... I do most Ks in the Patrol and we have opted with the Patrol for most long trips in an effort to keep the kilometers down (65000Ks).

We are absolutely wrapped with the replacement for the R8, a Z series GTO signature I drove home from Sydney last week. I think I'll talk about that in a new post.
As soon as I can work out how to, I'll post a few pics up. By the way Black on white plates: 'VTR-008" Go with it. Hope the rant is not too boring!
Cheers.
Nick.

HK GTS 327
24-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Hi
I've worked out how to post pics so here is one:

http://i48.tinypic.com/mkgj1h.jpg

Cheers
Nick

muggo05
29-01-2010, 06:26 PM
wow that is a nice car Nick.

Now here is my dilemma!!

My parents are overseas for a year and have left their cars at home for me to look after and keep running as i am looking after the house.
Dad has a VY Clubsport auto and Mum has a VX XU6.
I was looking to sell my car and buy something exactly like your car Nick until Dad offered to me to put me on his insurance while he is away, sell my VS S pack and have his while he is gone.
Now the only problem is that I wanted a Manual but if I can drive around VY Clubsport and save for a year, then i can look at buying a VY II or VZ clubsport.

So sorry Nick, if i wasnt in this problem then i would have DEFINITELY bought that as it is immaculate!!

So thanks for all the help guys but i dont think i need it anymore!! i will start putting up some pics and updates on Dad's car once it is actually mine and look at coming on some cruises and meets etc.

so thanks again and good luck with the sale Nick.

Josh

BROCKR
29-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Well there ya go ey :rolleyes: at least ya learnt how to put pics up and show us ya nice clubby mate, looking really nice, goodluck with the sale

HK GTS 327
29-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Thanks Brockr

HK GTS 327
02-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi All
Well after many months on the market it looks like I finally have a new owner for the car.
He has several other Holdens/HSV's and it appears that he will treasure this car.
I will be loading into an enclosed trailer and delivering it to Sydney next week. I hope he enjoys owning it as much as we have.
In the meantime we will continue to enjoy our Signature Coupe'.

The next car to go will be an old XC 4.9 V8 Fairmont. One previous owner,100,000Ks. I have a few jobs to do on it to get it going before I sell it and it will be a good project for someone.
After that will be a beaut XBGT. This is a top quality rotisserie resto. I bought some years ago and has hardly turned a wheel since I got it.

Truth is I'd really like to keep the R8 but I have way too many cars and having turned 52 yesterday I think it is becoming time to streamline things a bit.

Thanks for the interest and positive comments.
Cheers
Nick.

HK GTS 327
12-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi
Delivered yesterday.
Thanks Terry. I know you will enjoy owning the car as much as we have.
Cheers
Nick.