PDA

View Full Version : Looking at Z series GTO Signature.

HK GTS 327
10-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Hi
This is my first post.
Looking at Z Series 2006 GTO Signature. Man/ Stanav/Sting red/ HSV sunroof. 30oooKs. Immaculate. Any opinions on price would be appreciated. It is listed for $68k and I think it is overpriced. Late Monaros/ HSVs seem to be sitting on carsales/ carpoint for some time.
Cheers
Nick.

Footnote: I spoke to a mate who owns a Honda/ Mazda dealership and asked him for an opinion and he told me they are tanking in value and are on the nose in car yards. He said he would probably let a deal go elsewhere rather than get stuck with a GTO, even if it is a signature.

I would like to sell our VTII/ LS1 R8 Clubbie before or after we get another car.
It has 12 mths rego/ sting red/ Manual/ 65000Ks/compendium, build sheet etc. dealer serviced/ stock standard. No plates: VTR-008 very good cond. We bought new.
Please PM me if interested.
Thanks
Nick

go sick
10-12-2009, 10:50 AM
hi mate and welcome here & good luck with the gto hey its a nice ride that one

HK GTS 327
10-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks Go Sick.

Just an update on our R8. Put a year's rego on today and will give her a detail over the weekend.
It's been dealer serviced up to 60oooKs and am now using an ex-GMH Mechanic here in town.
It has a miss. Last time was a plug lead which came loose. But I am giving it to him to have a look at and will get him to look over the whole car. So it should be ready for sale in the next week or so.

Any comments on the R8s value or regarding the signature series GTO will be appreciated. Thanks
Nick.

nonchalant
11-12-2009, 09:19 AM
$68K? I can buy a as new E2 for less than that...

Audi
11-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I love these cars but couldn't spend that coin on a nearly 4 year old hsv.

HK GTS 327
11-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Truth be known we have an HK GTS in red and thought it would be nice to have a red GTO as the last of the Monaro style coupe's. So there is a bit of a theme there. I know the price is high. I am thinking that these signature models should be probably somewhere in the fifties. I might be able to get it down to 61 or 62 k.What are your thoughts?

senatorVIII
11-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Truth be known we have an HK GTS in red and thought it would be nice to have a red GTO as the last of the Monaro style coupe's. So there is a bit of a theme there. I know the price is high. I am thinking that these signature models should be probably somewhere in the fifties. I might be able to get it down to 61 or 62 k.What are your thoughts?

I have a friend who has a VZ GTO for sale here in Sydney. Asking for a lot less than that. It's a rare Phantom Black with red leather interior.

if you are fair dinkum, you would not want to miss this bargain!!

Copy and paste this link in your browser and you can see for yourself:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7299027&__sid=11966F1D27F0&__Qpb=true&Cr=1&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201282%204294965530%20898%204294965570&SearchAction=N&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=19&silo=1011

PhanR8
11-12-2009, 08:06 PM
If it were me and I was working on a theme then a GTS would be the go.Much prefer the GTS than The GTO.You can find good low ks for under 60k.

senatorVIII
12-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Surely this is the car you'd get if you were legit about keeping the theme going!! ONLY problem is, HSV f*cked this model up as it was a sticker pack and should've made this a 2 door coupe.

http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthread.php?t=5246

HK GTS 327
13-12-2009, 02:09 AM
The car I am looking at is a manual.
I was thinking of the last of the GTS 2 doors but they are hard to find with low Ks and none got the bonnet with nostrils.... The last of the GTOs was 2006 and the Signature was well equipped (I am told there were only 13 manual cars in the batch of 70). The "Signature" wheels also look terriffic.

I also like the "E" Series GTS but it is a four door.

I agree that they stuffed up the 40th anniversary. I got a good look at the Coupe' 60 at the Monaro Nats at Ballarat last year and I truly believe that if Holden could have done it, it would have been a sensation! An HSV GTS version would have been even better. A two door VE would have been one of the great coupe's in automotive history.... it was not to be... (insert sigh here...). So back to reality.

After ten years owning an LS1 VTR8 manual we still love that car. Dynamically it is still pretty good but I will concede that today's HSVs are much better. So it is time to update. After quite some research I have whittled my list down to a Manual Signature or an EVO9 performance pack. Some of you will question my interest in an Evo and I will back my interest in such a car by saying that I have a particular passion for homologation cars (....new or old....my HK Monaro is a "Bathurst model".) and the Evo is truly one of those. Road going homologation cars are rare these days and as we move forward they will certainly not become more common.

I have looked for an Evo 9 for some months and like GTS Coupe's had no luck finding one with low Ks. So I've come up with the Signature as a bit of a compromise.

Nick

HK GTS 327
13-12-2009, 10:58 PM
To Senator VIII
Thanks for the comment. I tried to go to the link you placed with no luck.
Nick.

HSVGTS125
15-12-2009, 08:54 AM
with those GTO Signature series, those cars were numbered in reverse order for some reason. So #100 is first and #001 is last. Weird but true.
If I were you and wanted to keep a theme going I'd have ur old GTS, a VP GTS and a VT 300 GTS. All red. Then go for an E series 1.

Krisiun
15-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Actually, the countdown started from #70 to no. #1. The last one #1 is still kept at HSV Clayton.

Personally, I think this was the ugliest LS2 GTO to be produced. The gloss black accents look very cheesy and cheap against the red - my opinion anyway.

HSVGTS125
15-12-2009, 05:10 PM
are u sure that one is at Clayton?
I always hear HSV has number 1 cars but never seen any there. Even my old walkinshaw (#001) I was told was there. Obviously it wasnt coz I had it.

HSVGTS125
15-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I will withdraw my statement on the Signature having 100 built and in reverse order. I confused this with the HSV GTO LE.

Pickles
27-12-2009, 05:54 PM
The LS2 engined VZ GTO is a ripper vehicle, whether it be an "ordinary" GTO, the Limited Edition, or the Signature.
The combination of 6 litres of LS2 in the Coupe body makes it unique.
I have mates in the trade, & I dispute that VZ GTOs are "on the nose".....they are holding up in value much better than the 4 door cars. Of course, I'm talking about GOOD reasonable K original cars.....Hi K abused cars are worth nothing, no matter what they are.
So, providing you can live with 2 doors, buy the right car.......and you'll be VERY happy.
Cheers, Pickles.

senatorVIII
27-12-2009, 08:59 PM
To Senator VIII
Thanks for the comment. I tried to go to the link you placed with no luck.
Nick.

the link works fine. I just checked it.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7299027&__sid=11966F1D27F0&__Qpb=tr%20ue&Cr=1&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort%20_Deci mal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|%200&keywords=&__N=1216%201282%204294965530%20898%204%20294965570&SearchAction=N&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=19&%20silo=1011

Pickles
28-12-2009, 11:11 AM
I couldn't get that link to work either, but I'm sure that if anyone was genuinely interested they would be able to find it on carsales.
I think ALL VZ GTOs are worth having.....We've owned our yellow one from new, and we optioned it with A4, Yellow trim, AP 6 spot brakes, & rear roof "deflector"...the car's now done 60000 VERY enjoyable Ks.
The "Limited Edition" are ok, & so is the "Signature", but being the last of the line, I'd have thought that HSV would've done something a bit more special....but they didn't, so "Signature" is the last, which does make it special . I do NOT like the wheels on the Signature. Cleaning the inner wheel & brake calipers on our "standard" GTO is a real pain.....it would be impossible with the Signature wheels.....you'd have to take them off....an even bigger pain!
But it's all subjective isn't it, & I can understand why you'd want the last.
Obviously, you're buying the car as a "keeper", so I say, if it's what you want..GO FOR IT....if the car's dead original, with no trim wear (driver's seat outer bolsters!), has all its books, compendiums, service history etc, don't worry about a few extra dollars.....you'll have a lovely, rare, original Coupe, and you will have.....the last of the line.
Cheers, Pickles.

senatorVIII
29-12-2009, 02:05 AM
Well i just checked the link again....works fine.

If you are having trouble learning how to copy and paste it into your browser...then i think you should give up using a computer...

Audi
29-12-2009, 02:41 AM
yeah the link works fine.
looks good with the black mags, cam as well!!
low kms, as long as it aint been in a smash BARGAIN!!

senatorVIII
29-12-2009, 05:23 AM
yeah the link works fine.
looks good with the black mags, cam as well!!
low kms, as long as it aint been in a smash BARGAIN!!

I know the owner personally. It has never been smashed. All deadset legit. Tuned by LSX Tuning. Isn't a "thrasher". He has his own successful business in Neutral Bay on the lower North Shore and lives on the Northern Beaches here in Sydney. So in a nutshell he isn't after the $$$ so to speak. He is after probably a Euro supercar now. He recently took an Audi R8 for a test drive weekend.
If i had the money to throw around...i would buy it.
But that's about all i can say to help him get his sale.

HK GTS 327
24-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Hi All
I would like to say thanks to you all for your help and opinions.
I bought the Red Signature Coupe.
It is a manual car so it is one of just thirteen. Has 30ooo Ks on the clock and is in first class condition. Bought it for substantially less than the asking price. Drove it home from Sydney last Wednesday and it was a fantastic drive.
This is my third HSV. They just keep getting better.
You're right about cleaning the wheels but I don't really mind. They will come off every few months for a proper wash. They will never get really dirty as the car will probably only manage 5000Kms in a big year. (The Nissan Patrol gets the big Ks!)
Being the last of the Coupe's meant HSV loaded them so just for that reason they are pretty special......I'm stoked.

I think well looked after Signatures should suffer less depreciation than other models because of their rarity and also being the last of the Coupe's.
So now I have to polish up our old VT R8 and get it out there for sale.
If anyone is looking for a well kept, one owner, 65000k VTII Red R8 Manual Clubbie please PM me or call me on 041 761 5648.
I'll take a few pics and post 'em up on this forum in the for sale section in the next week or so. I can also email them.
Cheers
Nick

Pickles
24-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Hi All
I would like to say thanks to you all for your help and opinions.
I bought the Red Signature Coupe.
It is a manual car so it is one of just thirteen. Has 30ooo Ks on the clock and is in first class condition. Bought it for substantially less than the asking price. Drove it home from Sydney last Wednesday and it was a fantastic drive.
This is my third HSV. They just keep getting better.
You're right about cleaning the wheels but I don't really mind. They will come off every few months for a proper wash. They will never get really dirty as the car will probably only manage 5000Kms in a big year. (The Nissan Patrol gets the big Ks!)
Being the last of the Coupe's meant HSV loaded them so just for that reason they are pretty special......I'm stoked.

I think well looked after Signatures should suffer less depreciation than other models because of their rarity and also being the last of the Coupe's.
So now I have to polish up our old VT R8 and get it out there for sale.
If anyone is looking for a well kept, one owner, 65000k VTII Red R8 Manual Clubbie please PM me or call me on 041 761 5648.
I'll take a few pics and post 'em up on this forum in the for sale section in the next week or so. I can also email them.
Cheers
Nick

Congratulations Nick....you have bought a great car.
I can't be bothered about the collectability/depreciation issue....I mean, who cares.....& you won't either, when you get used to owning it.....you'll just want to drive it!!...we've done over 60000ks in ours sinse ordering it new, & they're the best Ks we've done in any car!.....so I can quite understand your "fantastic drive" from Sydney. I only have to think about driving ours, and it puts a smile on my face!
Anyway, ENJOY!
Cheers, Pickles.

HK GTS 327
24-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi Pickles
You are correct about the collectability of the late model cars. Nevertheless, I think the Signature ( especially the 13 only manual cars) is special, with a good future. I have several old school collectables and am quite familiar with that scene and that (even in these times) is where the true value is, provided you have the right car.

I still like low build number, "special" type cars especially homologation cars. That's probably why I have such an interest in Evolution nines.....one of the last true homologation cars.

I first saw a GTO Signature at the 2008 Ballarat Monaro Nationals and became interested in the Model since then.

The spec of the car is impressive with its 6.0L gen two, huge six pot brakes, upgrade suspension and huge list of comfort items. I think HSV made a big mistake not badging it "GTS".

Cheers
Nick

Krisiun
24-01-2010, 02:36 PM
huge six pot brakes, upgrade suspension and huge list of comfort items. I think HSV made a big mistake not badging it "GTS"Cheers
Nick

Didn't realise they came out with six potters, awesome!

Congrats on the purchase by the way, great car!

Pickles
24-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Hi Pickles
You are correct about the collectability of the late model cars. Nevertheless, I think the Signature ( especially the 13 only manual cars) is special, with a good future. I have several old school collectables and am quite familiar with that scene and that (even in these times) is where the true value is, provided you have the right car.

I still like low build number, "special" type cars especially homologation cars. That's probably why I have such an interest in Evolution nines.....one of the last true homologation cars.

I first saw a GTO Signature at the 2008 Ballarat Monaro Nationals and became interested in the Model since then.

The spec of the car is impressive with its 6.0L gen two, huge six pot brakes, upgrade suspension and huge list of comfort items. I think HSV made a big mistake not badging it "GTS".

Cheers
Nick
Glad you're happy Nick....I was at Ballarat!!!...with our GTO. I'm also a big "homologation" fan, the last I owned being a VN Group A...just before our GTO!
I am the greatest exponent ever of the VZ GTO, & love a good discussion, so don't misinterpret my comments!
As far as I'm aware, the interior of the Signature is the same as the "ordinary" GTO, as is the suspension, so I was wondering about what you meant by "huge list of comfort items" & "upgraded" suspension.
When HSV released the Signature, there was generaol disappointment that they didn't do something "better", particularly mechanical (more power..engine mods etc), to mark the passing of the coupe....but they didn't. Had they given the car more power, then yes, I could see a reason for "GTS", but with the spec they released, I could not.
At the time of the Signature's release, dealers were having great trouble in getting rid of their existing "ordinary" GTOs....some were in dealer stock for well over 12 months. Because of this and the lack of any major difference (plus a price increase!), many dealers refused to order any Signatures!!!!...Nothing at all wrong with the car...the ordinary GTO or the Signature....except dealers couldn't sell them. I still can't understand why! There were some massive discounts available,.. we got $10k discount on ours & I know others who did much better.
I would be interested in your comments!
Cheers, Pickles.

HK GTS 327
24-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Hi Pickles.
Were you staying in the Alfred Motor Inn, Sturt st? If so it was your car I saw which got me interested in the signature model.You may know Nick G. who owns the Kingswood spec Beige HK which won concourse. He is a good mate. My Monaro was the Bathurst spec, Picardy red car also entered in concourse.

I am still learning about the model and am quite enamoured by it. I am mostly quoting stuff told me by others in the know....I have better knowledge of old school cars.
For me, the spec list is impressive. I reckon that the only reason the last seventy HSV Coupe's ever made did not run out dealers doors would be more to do with the global financial crisis (which was smashing everything and still is) than the car itself.
Cheers
Nick

Krisiun
24-01-2010, 09:37 PM
I think it was more attributed to the impending release in Aug. '06 of the VE model. Remember, when the VE HSV was released, it broke sales records for the first 12 consecutive months - it had nothing to do with the GFC. I think it was more that the Coupe novelty had worn off and people were now looking forward to something fresh. Let's not forget, the Coupe's roots stem back to the VT architecture minus the two doors.

Pickles
24-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Hi Pickles.
Were you staying in the Alfred Motor Inn, Sturt st? If so it was your car I saw which got me interested in the signature model.You may know Nick G. who owns the Kingswood spec Beige HK which won concourse. He is a good mate. My Monaro was the Bathurst spec, Picardy red car also entered in concourse.

I am still learning about the model and am quite enamoured by it. I am mostly quoting stuff told me by others in the know....I have better knowledge of old school cars.
For me, the spec list is impressive. I reckon that the only reason the last seventy HSV Coupe's ever made did not run out dealers doors would be more to do with the global financial crisis (which was smashing everything and still is) than the car itself.
Cheers
Nick

No, I was staying at the Ballarat Lodge...undercover parking!!! But it was a good event wasn't it?
I'm familiar with the beige Hk (with all the accessories!?), and I do remember seeing a lovely red HK 327 & talking to the owner....would that be you?!
You'll be on a steep "learning curve" with these cars, just as I was....I'm 65, so I know a bit about some of the old cars....but not all, and not very much at all about the older Monaros.....I continue to be amazed at what some know about the ins & outs of the older models....particularly some members of the Monaro Club.
You will find there is lots to know about the various CV8s & their HSV derivatives, in which regard you should keep an eye out for the new book, "Monaro Magic", which will be released within the next month.
Looking forward to hearing more of your Signature, & to further discussions with you.
Cheers, Pickles.

HK GTS 327
24-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi Krisuin
I was happy to get into a VE GTS and have driven both the it
and the Signature Coupe. The GTS is a new generation of car and therefore has some degree of refinement over the old Coupe' but honestly it does not feel hugely different.
Right now I have both a VTII R8 and the Signature in the garage. Though the VT and the Signature share architecture the dynamic difference is huge.
Today, I'm really happy with a different, nicely styled, small batch Coupe'......in a few years I will be open to suggestion again and will go hunting for something nice.

By the way, if the Coupe'60 was born I have to say I would have my bum in one in a second and would never have been interested in the Zed Signature Coupe'.....Ironic hey?!

Cheers Nick

HK GTS 327
24-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Hi Pickles
There was one parked at the Alfred too.
Yep that was me with the Picardy red Bathurst. It was parked next to Nicks "Nasco Special".
I will spend some time learning about the latest series of Monaros and their HSV Brothers.
My Picardy Red Bathurst will be at the 2010 Nationals. I have not yet decided which category I will choose to enter into. Concours is so bloody hard and no matter what you do to make your car correct you enter into the next concours and you lose points for something else. Sometimes I feel like I'm pi$$ing in the wind!
Here's a pic of the Monaro.

http://i27.tinypic.com/25r03ut.jpg
Cheers
Nick

Pickles
24-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Hi Pickles
There was one parked at the Alfred too.
Yep that was me with the Picardy red Bathurst. It was parked next to Nicks "Nasco Special".
I will spend some time learning about the latest series of Monaros and their HSV Brothers.
My Picardy Red Bathurst will be at the 2010 Nationals. I have not yet decided which category I will choose to enter into. Concours is so bloody hard and no matter what you do to make your car correct you enter into the next concours and you lose points for something else. Sometimes I feel like I'm pi$$ing in the wind!
Here's a pic of the Monaro.

http://i27.tinypic.com/25r03ut.jpg
Cheers
Nick
Yes, that is the car I saw, so yes, I did speak to you!!
With the early Monaros, (about which I know very little!), making them "correct" with respect to the class, is a big issue, isn't it.....so, I wish you the best of luck. I would also make the point that your Signature is a worthy "companion" to your 327.
I will also be at the Nats.
Cheers, Pickles.

HK GTS 327
27-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Here she is:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ryn0x5.jpg

Its a great ride. Very happy. 30000Ks. Will spend the next few weeks giving it a complete detail and general go over....as I do..lol.
Cheers
Nick

Pickles
27-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Here she is:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ryn0x5.jpg

Its a great ride. Very happy. 30000Ks. Will spend the next few weeks giving it a complete detail and general go over....as I do..lol.
Cheers
Nick
Lovely car....it's going to give you a lot of enjoyment....EXCEPT when you try to clean the brake calipers/ wheels etc!!!!!.......and I speak from 3.5 years of experience......takes me longer to clean them, than the whole rest of the car.....still, it's worth it!
Cheers, Pickles.

HK GTS 327
27-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Got any tips re cleaning (and cleaning products) for the calipers. I will be trying to make them look new again.

I am very lucky as my shed is actually well equipped with a hoist and plenty of room.
I am getting my VTII R8 ready for sale and is right now up on the hoist getting the underbelly cleaned and detailed.....she'll be as clean as a freshly washed dinner plate in a couple of days. I am going to miss that car!

The GTO will go up next. Will probably spend a week on it.
I will take pics of all paint dabs, stickers, bar codes etc. before I clean it and freshen them up too. The pics will go into the compendium so that one day when I sell it there will be a record if someone wishes to make sure it is accurate in years to come.
It's a pity people didn't do that with the old school cars.....there would be less quarrels (and know it alls)!

Cheers
Nick

Pickles
27-01-2010, 12:40 PM
People have all sorts of "tips" I suppose.
Myself, I just use a bucket of water with dishwashing fluid, to simply wash, & clean them, by hand. I loosen the dust with a brush, than wipe/clean off the residue.
Some recommend all sorts of brake/caliper/wheel cleaners etc., but I am wary that some of this stuff will adhere to disc pads & cause shudder....a common problem for some with multiple piston brakes, or alternatively, some of these "cleaners" could damage the painted Calipers with their HSV Logo....so, simple washing is the go for me......maybe you can give me some tips! Of course, as you have a hoist, it will be very easy for you to remove the wheels, which will make the job very much easier.
Many also have all sorts of ways to look after the leather...some quite expensive. I use the Holden product, as Holden would have done the R/D on it....It consists of a "kit" of 3 bottles, a cleaner, a conditioner, & a protector. Costs $24.95, & works very well, even on our yellow leather....which is much more prone to showing grime & wear, than the standard black trim.
Whilst our car is not an everyday driver, & is used only for pleasure/cruising etc, we've still travelled over 61000ks sinse new, so I've given up cleaning the undercarriage......but I can still remember my days of Brock Commodore ownership, when I would be lying under the car with tooth brush, rags, cleaners etc preparing for car shows etc.....and then panicking if it was going to rain on the way to the show!
Cheers Pickles.

HK GTS 327
28-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the info.
You've seen pic of the top of the old Monaro....Here a more intimate one of the underbelly....life is much easier with a hoist. Could't do any of this without it!

http://i28.tinypic.com/2mzkynd.jpg

Talk about bloody toothbrushes!....But I love it!

Pickles
28-01-2010, 02:20 PM
AWESOME.....my undercarriage was never that good!
Looking forward to some shots of your Signature after you've "spent a week on it"!
A friend of mine in Adelaide has a hoist.....had the GTO up on it once, & geez, it would make it so much easier to do wheels, underbody etc.....but, you've still got to do the work....and there'd be a lot of work to get to where you have with your Monaro.
You might consider bringing your Signature to the HSV Nats in Melb in September......if you've got it up to your "standard" in time.
Cheers, Pickles.

Stewiecasserole
28-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah and come early and bring ya hoist too :lol:

HK GTS 327
29-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Hi
Thanks but I am already booked for the 41st Monaro Nationals at Warwick QLD. Around the same time.

I am happy to say publicly that although I am 50 I am still as passionate about cars as I was when I was 17.

I promise that if I can I will still have something really tough in my garage when I make it to 90! So that gives me plenty of time to participate in an HSV Nationals.

Maybe I should keep the old VTIIR8 for an HSV Nats. It is 100% correct with just 65oooKs......Hmmmm.

Just like old surfers it just stays in your blood. It is great to see 80 year olds paddling out with the grommets!

Ironically I am a Ford fan, have several GTs but have had more success at car shows with Holdens!
Cheers
Nick
Above all I just love anything automotive.

HK GTS 327
29-01-2010, 01:13 AM
By the way, The Signature has crap number plates.....BAZ92G.
Sorry to all Barrys out there...lol

Any suggestions for a good NSW plate?

Thanks
Nick

senatorVIII
29-01-2010, 12:13 PM
I promise that if I can I will still have something really tough in my garage when I make it to 90!

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1853/scooter1r.jpg (http://img203.imageshack.us/i/scooter1r.jpg/)

SV5OOO
29-01-2010, 10:51 PM
HK GTS 327 thanks for the pics, awesome stuff.

You obviously love cars and have the capability to keep them and maintain them, i'm curious as to why you choose to sell the VT instead of keeping it as a part of your impressive stable?

HK GTS 327
29-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi SV5000
Thank you.

Several reasons.
Space is one. The shed is full and untill we bought the GTO Signature there was room to move. So we now have one too many. I guess we should have sold the VT and then went shopping.......
The VT was mainly my other half's car and we decided to update it several times with a newer HSV. Most felt so similar over the years when test driving that we did not bother to update.
The VT has no further use for us and as we get older it will become smarter to simplify things (at the moment we have more than a few cars). Several other cars will probably go to the market over the next year or so.
The VT has not yet come of age as a true collectable.
I have other cars which are. So, unlike other individuals we still see the VT as a regular driver even though I understand it will be one of tomorrow's hero Aussie Classics.
My ultimate dream car is a Phase three and I am deep down a Ford fan but I will happily concede that the phase three is completely in the VT R8's shadow when talking outright performance. The Phase thre is still king of the hill though when it comes to passion!
Cheers
Nick