PDA

View Full Version : has anyone replaced the vy head unit

tec_55
01-11-2009, 11:28 PM
im about to get a new sound system and i was wondering how people have gone replacing the head unit in the vy r8... its a 5 or 6 cd stacker and quite large so what have people done with the extra space? and does it look neat??? cheers:rolleyes:

Audi
10-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I have a vz and I kept my wallet and iPod cables in the extra space
although my gf sometimes pops her dildo there if we have been on the crack pipe.

Stewiecasserole
10-11-2009, 11:57 PM
although my gf sometimes pops her dildo there if we have been on the crack pipe.

Thats just sad Audi:lol::lol::lol:

HRDHSV
11-11-2009, 08:30 AM

LMFAO man, common admit it Audi the dildo is really your's isnt it, or do you steal it when she's not looking?:p:shock::lol::lol:

white_lie
11-11-2009, 01:05 PM
:rolleyes:

Back on track...
You can turn it in to a single DIN with a pocket like Audi is suggesting (the facia's are readily available thru DNA or the like for about $20-30), or just put another double DIN unit in there like a DVD player, nav unit or whatever. You can also get facias to make these neater as the aftermarket ones don't fully fill the space. You can also get adaptors to keep your steering wheel controls if you like

GTS1313
12-11-2009, 08:36 AM
I had a Alpine single din head unit with iPod connectivity put in my VY Senator. They just put a pockel below it. Otherwise I was going to put in the Pioneer DV D Sat Nav double unit but didn't have the funds at the time. The Alpine unit sounded so much better than the stock head uit.

BROCKR
14-11-2009, 01:53 AM
HA nice 1 Audi, better spot than any, tha hsv's have that effect on tha women anyway i guess ;-) rubber....real...same result, great spot 2 park it :D

Simonk
16-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Hey Tec 55. Have you checked out my photos in your last thread you started a couple weeks ago? There's a couple pics of a double din unit showing how it fits in with the surrounding facia

sjsl85
20-02-2011, 10:38 PM
I just put a double din Clarion screen in it looks neat as