PDA

View Full Version : Removing Polish from Plastic

sstevo05
22-10-2009, 07:25 PM
G'day

Just wondering if anyone has any advice as to how to effectively remove polish stains from plastic? The guy that owned my car previously has polished it but it has gone all over the plastic roof trims and looks rather unsightly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

VX15ANNIV
22-10-2009, 09:34 PM
sstevo05 spotted this on youtube, not sure if it is what you are after or not but have a look

Rob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTitYhZODEM

sstevo05
23-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks very much for posting that Rob, looks like a great product, although it looks a little 'armourallish'.

The test plastic they used looks like it has just faded and is sun damaged, whereas mine has a white stain due to the polish.

I note it does say in the video text that it will remove old product.

I have nothing to lose, will give it a try.

Thanks again mate

Stevo

SLUG
23-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I think the one you might be after is a product called Mothers Naturally Black 'removes wax residue' I have used this myself and it does a good job.

PhanR8
23-10-2009, 08:27 PM
I have had issue with residue and have used a product called black wow.It works very well indeed and best of all it lasts for ages.

go sick
13-01-2010, 12:04 PM
i just use armourall its cheap and it last for a long time and it looks like new again

nonchalant
13-01-2010, 12:37 PM
I think the one you might be after is a product called Mothers Naturally Black 'removes wax residue' I have used this myself and it does a good job.

Seconded. Bought some of this just the other day to do some of my exterior black trim that had recently 'deteriorated' so bad I was thinking It might be up for a respray. This stuff brought the trim back like new.

Stewbaru
20-01-2010, 11:16 AM
I was a detailer in a previous life, warm soapy water and a toothbrush will often remove most residual polish marks.

Same for polish around badges and fixtures, a soft bristled brush does wonders.

nonchalant
01-02-2010, 02:29 PM
I went a bit beserk with the Mother's over the weekend, putting the stuff all over any piece of black plastic or rubber trim I could find on the outside of the car - brought it all up a treat. The difference was so much so that what started off as just testing it on a bit of rubber around the windows, led to me having to do every other window & rubber as the difference was so noticeable. :cool: