PDA

View Full Version : Reversing Camera Grange

Stewiecasserole
18-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Howdy all. My mate has a VE SS ute and has a wicked reverse camera installed. He tells me it was a pain getting someone to install the thing so it would interface with the centre console display properly. My question is, is it possible to install a reverse camera into a VE Grange whilst still maintaining the front and rear sensors? I don't mind if I have to sacrifice the on screen parking graphic (well duuhh!...of course that will have to go fool) and even the rear sensor beeps but i still want to keep my front sensor beeps working without having to flick switches, bypass interfaces or generally **** around.
Any ideas? Oh yeah, I'm in the eastern subs of Melbourne. Cheers.:???:

LS3 050
20-09-2009, 10:00 AM
I've noticed a google ad on this forum such as the one under this post that advertises reversing cameras and equipment. This company is in Melbourne i believe, Ill post up a link next time i see it.

Stewiecasserole
20-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey mate, check out the Google Advets under this post, just happened to notice these after reading your query. The answers you seek may be right there.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Thanks for trying but i don't think it came out as you intended...or did it?:rolleyes:

LS3 050
20-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks for trying but i don't think it came out as you intended...or did it?:rolleyes:

Yeah mate, it was there when i read your post, but after i sent my reply, it had changed to a different advert, they must rotate through a few, but im sure it will come up again
:confused::confused:

Here it is - http://www.reverseasy.com.au/

and another - http://au.shopping.com/xGS-rear%20view%20camera~NS-1~linkin_id-8047608

canabl
02-10-2009, 07:52 PM
I have installed a rev camera into a grange last week, you can buy the interface unit from a supplier HiTV.
The unit comes with all instructions and you just need to change out pins from the factory harness to suit.
You will loose the watermark screen for the rev sensors and you can also add a dvd player with addition of a touch screen overlay.
Check out their site.
www.hitv.com.au

Stewiecasserole
18-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks for that guys. I'll look into both of those. Sorry for the really long response time, especially to you LS3. Been flatout, and unfortunately not in the Grange.

gts 105
20-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Howdy all. My mate has a VE SS ute and has a wicked reverse camera installed. He tells me it was a pain getting someone to install the thing so it would interface with the centre console display properly. My question is, is it possible to install a reverse camera into a VE Grange whilst still maintaining the front and rear sensors? I don't mind if I have to sacrifice the on screen parking graphic (well duuhh!...of course that will have to go fool) and even the rear sensor beeps but i still want to keep my front sensor beeps working without having to flick switches, bypass interfaces or generally **** around.
Any ideas? Oh yeah, I'm in the eastern subs of Melbourne. Cheers.:???:

No limit electronics in South Melbourne ph 96860023 what these blokes dont know about reverse cameras in VE commodores is not worth knowing.

Stewiecasserole
22-11-2009, 09:57 PM
No limit electronics in South Melbourne ph 96860023 what these blokes dont know about reverse cameras in VE commodores is not worth knowing.

Thanks GTS, I'll give them a ring.