PDA

View Full Version : Glare Infinity Plus

nonchalant
17-07-2009, 08:43 AM
So a pack of this arrived in the mail a couple of days ago and Im going to give the clubby a full makeover when I get time next weekend. I found it following a link on this site www.paintprotection.com.au - total cost for the pack was about $230 inc postage.

Its claimed to give the car a 'glass' like finish :D

Will post pics up here in a week or so's time once the treatment is complete..

GTS1313
17-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Haven't seen that one before. You now have to do a write up of what was required and post pics:D

p.s. you can come and do my car too if you like as I am going to Femminton next Sunday with HSVOC.

E-Series GTS
17-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Looks alright, I'm interested to see the results.

nonchalant
28-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Looks alright, I'm interested to see the results.

Ok Ive taken a pic here on a very overcast day after using only the paint cleaner that came with the kit and the polish (no glaze treatment).

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2646/26072009066.jpg

What I did notice was after just using the paint cleaner it looked like it had already been polished, even though I had only given it a clay, polish, and wax treatment with Meguairs a couple of weeks ago. The improvement was quite noticeable.

Later on I gave it a glaze treatment with the polish where you just cover the surface with it w/o rubbing it into the paint, let dry for 15 mins, then wipe off. It came out so good Im thinking of going a third treatment once we actually get to see some sun here in SA, though apparently it doesnt need it. Thing is this stuff goes hard and protects so you cant overdo it. Ive also noticed, true to their word, the car does actually stay cleaner when driven in the rain.

I drove the car up to my sisters on the weekend and she was so impressed shes going to buy some for my bro-in-laws FPV. Again, bear in mind shes seen my car on a number of occasions where Ive just given it a polish with Meguairs and wasnt impressed as she was with this stuff.

Life of the one treatment is 60 months. Ive got about half a bottle of the polish left after 2 treatments, and about 2/3's of the cleaner left over. The cloths that come with the kit are the softest I have come across yet. It also comes with a specially formulated car pre-wash, sponge & chamois.

Finally the polish can be used on all of the car exterior (not the cleaner!). Being a transparent glass type product it made my windows gleam like never before too.

I did the car by hand though you can use orbital buffers. I wouldnt say the polish was as easy to remove by hand as they claim, however it wasnt like glue and the effort was worth it. I noticed in the instruction card that came with it reference to using liquid clay if required before the treatment (edit: this product is listed on their website). Fortunately I had already run clay all over the car only 2 weeks before its last polish and got quite a bit of crap off the roof and some off the bonnet so the preparation had really already been done.

I'll post a few more pics once we get some sun here, with a few reflection pics :)

Edit: Well its been a few days since this post & Ive since given the roof, bonnet, and boot another glaze (were the worst areas of the car) & Ive had a few other people comment on how the car 'shines' now. You can actually feel the 'glass' type finish this stuff gives the paint. I wont be going back to spending $$ on regular polishes, waxes and cleaners anymore. Im very impressed with this gear.

HRDHSV
29-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Lookin good Zanetti.

Audi
09-08-2009, 12:04 PM
i can't find where they sell clay on their site.
have you seen it on there?

nonchalant
09-08-2009, 10:34 PM
i can't find where they sell clay on their site.
have you seen it on there?

here u go http://secure.paintprotection.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72_78

Audi
10-08-2009, 11:34 PM
ah, they don't sell solid clay? not that i'm picky nevery used the stuff. but i'f i'm going to get the kit which you got i'd like to use solid clay.

nonchalant
11-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Yea fair enuf..I used the meguairs clay on my car before I bought the kit. Seemed to do a great job.