PDA

View Full Version : Very rare genisis VR GTS # 247

SV90
27-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Awesome looking car, love the colour.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280347983167

HSVGTS125
27-05-2009, 11:58 AM
its true that colour is rare.
But they made more than 1. it was a colour made for New Zealand. A few have slipped through to Oz also.

SV90
27-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Reading through the info I have on the car ( HSV 1988 - 2003 ). You are right, a handful went to N.Z doesnt say how many ?. Also reads that there was one locally delivered in Australia. Could be true, I knew of the cars but hadnt seen one until now.

HSVGTS125
27-05-2009, 05:30 PM
there was one on ebay a few yrs ago wanting rediculous money. Dont know if its the same on or not.

Plus there was another one thats blue which was also for sale a few yrs ago, it was a blue VR GTS, but one of 3 Mobil HSV cars. Had different trim etc plus Brock's signature. Not sure if it is part of the 277 built or if its exclusive 1 of 3 mobil cars. The dash plaque didnt say GTS, had HSV Mobil with a build number. But all drive line and mags etc were GTS

ERASER
27-05-2009, 05:32 PM
But its automatic. Automatics never aspire to the prices of the manuel versions. Plus by the looks of it it needs a resto of paint atleast. There goes some more value. Remember you can restore a car a thousand times but its original only ONCE. Only thing special about it is the colour realy, but thats if you like blue.

HSVGTS125
28-05-2009, 05:50 AM
not all auto's a worth less than manuals.

An example is the Calypso green XA GTHO Phase IV. Fair enough that its the only production car of the 4 built, but its auto and worth more than the ones

SV90
28-05-2009, 08:02 PM
I know the 3 Mobil GTS's have pics of the 3, red, white and blue. The blue car is at the Champion Brock experiance. The red car was supercharged and was in SA last time I saw it. Did read somewhere that Brock had no input into them, just had hes name on them.

Auto / Manual, who cares really. A car is only worth what people will pay reguardless. I would prefer manual but if you had a collection of small build HSV's this would have to be a consideration. Does need a resto to bring it back. Yes it is just a colour, just like the Black tooheys VN group A's. Some would kill for one, where some die hards say the car left HSV red and was dealer painted so how original are the cars today ?? personaly love them. Each to there own, if finances were right I would love to own it.