PDA

View Full Version : VE R8 Aftermarket dvd player???????

aLEX R8
19-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey guys,

was wondering if theres any way of getting a dvd/tv player in the VE R8 where the head unit is, but by using the one thats stock?? if so where do i go to get it done and round how much we looking at for componets and install. Or would it be better to get a whole new head unit??

If im on the subject what does everyone think about the dvd players in the head rests would they look alright or not to bother bout it??

cheers.

LS3 050
20-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey guys,

was wondering if theres any way of getting a dvd/tv player in the VE R8 where the head unit is, but by using the one thats stock?? if so where do i go to get it done and round how much we looking at for componets and install. Or would it be better to get a whole new head unit??

If im on the subject what does everyone think about the dvd players in the head rests would they look alright or not to bother bout it??

cheers.

It can be done with origional head unit. Call NO LIMIT car electronics South Melbourne (03)96860023. You can get a VIM overide (vehicle in motion) which allows front screen to play TV/DVD while car in motion. I have a roof mounted dvd player in back (origional) which now plays on front screen aswell when driving. I also installed a digital tv tuner which plays on front screen also. If you dont have a roof mounted player they can put one in the glove box or where ever.

aLEX R8
21-05-2009, 03:45 PM
LS3 050 your a champ thanks heaps but do you know how much it would to get it done??

LS3 050
21-05-2009, 07:55 PM
LS3 050 your a champ thanks heaps but do you know how much it would to get it done??

From memory the VIM overide was about $270 and the digital TV tuner was $800 installed. Dont know what their dvd players cost as i already had one. Adrian at No Limit will help you out.:)

Simonk
22-05-2009, 12:49 PM
From memory the VIM overide was about $270 and the digital TV tuner was $800 installed. Dont know what their dvd players cost as i already had one. Adrian at No Limit will help you out.:)

Hey LS3 050, how does the digital tuner perform? What style of antenna does it use and do you know if they are compatible with tinted windows?

LS3 050
22-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey LS3 050, how does the digital tuner perform? What style of antenna does it use and do you know if they are compatible with tinted windows?

The antenna is a stick-on that sits high across the top of the front widscreen above the rear view mirror so tinted windows make no difference. Its about 3 cm in width and is just made up of squigly lines - you dont know its there.
Performance is great when the car is stationary, and you can rescan the reception with the remote if you move through different reception zones, but if your cruzin around it tends to cut in and out. Too much interference on the move for good viewing.

aLEX R8
02-06-2009, 07:50 PM
The antenna is a stick-on that sits high across the top of the front widscreen above the rear view mirror so tinted windows make no difference. Its about 3 cm in width and is just made up of squigly lines - you dont know its there.
Performance is great when the car is stationary, and you can rescan the reception with the remote if you move through different reception zones, but if your cruzin around it tends to cut in and out. Too much interference on the move for good viewing.

Hey LS3 050 thanks for the info. Helps me out heaps and makes me happy to know that i can play dvd's on the front head unit.

claynz
21-07-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm interested in the TV Tuner, do you have any more info on this? pics and manuals? and where to buy?
I am going to be purchasing the VIM from No Limit next week.
Man, all this new tech stuff for the head unit is making me rather excited, lol
cheers