PDA

View Full Version : New Ve Maloo

Hsv Enthusiast
11-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Hey guys,

I have always really loved HSV's, fell inlove with the first VU maloo I saw and just knew I had to buy one.

Now years later I'm on the hunt for another HSV which has led be to the new VE maloo but I have a few questions about it.

1) Appearantly the seats are not very comfortable for long trips?? (Looking at the PERFORMANCE PACK with the leather performance seats)

2) When will the next version be released i.e will there be a VF maloo and if so when will it be released?

I was looking to make the purchase about half way through this year and was wondering if it would just be smarter to wait until the next maloo was going to be released if the next one was going to be released in the near future. I would hate to buy the car just to have it out dated in less than a month! :p

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

roly
12-03-2009, 10:07 AM
I think the seats are the same, just the option of the leather/suede with the 20" wheel pack.

Mine are comfortable on long trips, they are the same seats as a CS or GTS

The VF is a while off yet I understand..

I'll be selling my Maloo is July at 12 months old.

aedeau
12-03-2009, 10:27 AM
I think the seats are the same, just the option of the leather/suede with the 20" wheel pack.

Mine are comfortable on long trips, they are the same seats as a CS or GTS

The VF is a while off yet I understand..

I'll be selling my Maloo is July at 12 months old.

I think the Maloo get the same seats at the GTS, the clubby seats are a little less bolstered I find it to be ok.

Selling your Maloo at 12mths old? why's that? depreciation? I'm hoping that the world rejects future V8s because of emission standards that way I can keep my clubby forever as a collectors item haha ;)

roly
12-03-2009, 08:09 PM
My ute has 12000 kms on it in 8 months.

I can claim a lot back in tax so I don't mind changing it over every year.

I am after a Tourer this time.

aedeau
12-03-2009, 08:27 PM
My ute has 12000 kms on it in 8 months.

I can claim a lot back in tax so I don't mind changing it over every year.

I am after a Tourer this time.

sounds a bit like mine, i've got 6000kms in 3 months ;) Drive it every day. Tourer? what have you go in mind?

roly
12-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Clubsport R8 Tourer, Nitrate Silver with my current Walkinshaw bonnet swapped over.

Walkinshaw exhaust, springs, intake and quickshift again.

Might even look at supercharging the new one as part of the lease package.

E-Series GTS
12-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Is the Walkinshaw bonnet functional or just purely ornamental?

aedeau
12-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Clubsport R8 Tourer, Nitrate Silver with my current Walkinshaw bonnet swapped over.

Walkinshaw exhaust, springs, intake and quickshift again.

Might even look at supercharging the new one as part of the lease package.

I don't mind the look of the wagons/tourers with the pentagon spoke wheels, but not a massive fan of the rear lights. They looks a bit too standard looking... I think the rear LEDs on the sedan are one of the best features of the car.

If you swap ur walkingshaw hood scoop over, wont there be holes in the maloo? :confused:

I quite like those scoops, but dunno if i can justify forking out $2k for something that doesn't make the car go any quicker :rolleyes:

EDIT: pretty sure the scoop is non-functional and bolted on top of the standard bonnet

roly
13-03-2009, 02:51 AM
I'll swap the complete bonnet over. my local HSV guy has confirmed this is ok to do.

Mars Volta
24-04-2009, 12:05 AM
does anyone know if there is a new maloo comming out ?
any other info on it ?