PDA

View Full Version : Two questions re VZ Senator

bluedivide
24-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi,

Two questions if I may
a) I'm looking to purchase an 06 VZ Senator with 60k on the clock. Are there any problems associated with this models engine and drivetrain I need to consider? The vehicle is for sale at $39,000 which seems to be at the bottom end of the pricing for this car, any thoughts?

b) The vehicle is offered for sale by New Lambton Auto in Newcastle (NSW) has anyone purchased a vehicle from them and have any opinions good/bad about the dealers reputation and service?

Thanks in advance

senatorVIII
24-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi,

Two questions if I may
a) I'm looking to purchase an 06 VZ Senator with 60k on the clock. Are there any problems associated with this models engine and drivetrain I need to consider? The vehicle is for sale at $39,000 which seems to be at the bottom end of the pricing for this car, any thoughts?

b) The vehicle is offered for sale by New Lambton Auto in Newcastle (NSW) has anyone purchased a vehicle from them and have any opinions good/bad about the dealers reputation and service?

Thanks in advance

Your best bet would be to perhaps to get a NRMA inspection done on the actual car before thinking of buying it. Doesn't cost much for the amount you are going to spend on the vehicle.

bluedivide
24-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Cheers Senator VIII the mechanical inspection is a given.

But what I am really interested in is owners thoughts on what to look for in a VZ Senator with 60k on the clock. You know (for example) the boot seals start to go and water gets in the boot. Or the dash is prone to cracking etc etc...

This is going to be my first HSV and I'm not familiar with what can/does go wrong with them.

thanks in advance

ERASER
24-10-2008, 09:51 PM
With 60k's on it, it will still drive and feel like a new car. The reason its cheap is because of the higher k's on it. Dont worry about it. The vz were the best ones of the vt shape and all the bugs of the previous models were sorted. The only thing you'd be looking for is dents and scratches in the bodywork.

bluedivide
26-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks Eraser

The vehicle has been mechanically inspected by an NRMA approved inspector and recieved a very favourable report. The biggest gripe being front discs causing shudder when heavy braking.

I physically inspected the car on saturday, paid a deposit and will collect next week.

After 20 years coveting Holdens go fast cars I finally have one!

VK BROCK SS
26-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Top stuff mate. Did you buy the white one??

Cheers

Mark

Audi
26-10-2008, 11:11 PM
just skim the discs eh

bluedivide
26-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Yep...

The dealer reckons it has been on the lot for about three weeks.

Aside from missing floormats (which may/may not have been in the car when he bought it) and a busted centre console flap (which he promises will be fixed) it is an absolute gem.

My boss has a 08 Calais V and he is gobsmacked at the availability of good late model HSVs at the moment.

cruzer
05-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi blue dont know if you got a senator, im thinking of selling mine, vz build no 38 black all original 40k needs nothing all original car is in Tassie. Immaculate

Stewiecasserole
06-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Good one Blue. Glad to hear you've joined the club. Reckon you'll be happy with the ride and as for the brake shudder I would just be taking it down to someone that fits high performance brakes to see what they think. Go get a second opinion if needed or just start getting quotes if you're sure the issue has been diagnosed correctly. Enjoy and welcome. :D

GTS1313
06-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Good luck with your new toy. They are a nice car. I had the VY2 Senator and mine had around 60k when I sold it. Only problem I had was brakes needed replacing. Discs were undersize and could not legally be skimmed again so I put new rotors and pads on. Also the leather on the driver seat side bolster was starting to look a little used. Otherwise a great car.

macca33
06-12-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm hoping that Blue has made his decision by now, seeing as the thread has had a birthday!!!

cheers

Stewiecasserole
07-12-2009, 06:25 AM
I'm hoping that Blue has made his decision by now, seeing as the thread has had a birthday!!!

cheers

Cheers for that macca. Love it when someone points out how stoopid I am 'coz I'm so use to it it just seems natural :lol::lol: