PDA

View Full Version : VX... Clubsport R8 or SS???

Sherman
07-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Hey I'm looking at a VX (or if i must a VT) as above I'm undecided on a Clubsport, or an SS...

I like the fact that (some) the Clubsport has Electronic Climat contorle... but the SS is cheaper... but the Clubsport looks better, but for the $$$ i would save i could put a body kit on the SS... AHHHHHHH :???::???::???: its such a hard decision... what do you guys think... (and gals if there are any...)
??????????

HRDHSV
07-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Please do not put a vx hsv kit on an ss yuk!, if your gunna do that get a clubbie man. youll love it better.

Johno
07-05-2008, 04:44 PM
do not become a HSV wannabe by putting a kit onto an SS or any other commodore...if you're planning that, save the extra and buy the damn thing instead....otherwise buy the SS - money you'll save, mod it to perform like, if not better than the HSV, just be proud of what you buy, as some don't have the luxury or chance to buy them.

take both for a drive...you'll notice a difference. besides the late 04 SS came with climate control or 05 model, maybe it was the Z range, some one will update me..

HSV271
07-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Hey Sherman,

It really depends on the $$$$ you have m8... but I would not be putting a HSV kit onto an SS. Yeah it might look the same but at the end of the day it's just an SS.

If you are going to mod the crap out of a HSV then just get an SS and do what ever you like to it.

Just my 2c....

E-Series GTS
08-05-2008, 12:45 AM
I agree, you can do what you like to an SS but it will still be an SS, a HSV is a different animal. You can easily spend the money on an SS to make it outperform a HSV and it might still come in cheaper than the same model HSV but please don't try to make look like a HSV. It's only my opinion but aftermarket body kits just look tacky and i personally couldn't justify the money to make something look like something else when you could spend the money making it outperform it instead.

Chris75
08-05-2008, 11:14 AM
SS is based on an Executive.
HSV is based on a Berlina.
The R8 will have better brakes, better suspension, better extractors and better resale. And don't forget it will have all the Berlina options.
I could have picked up a VYSS for not much more than I paid for my VT R8 and after nearly 12 months I still believe I made the best choice.

Sherman
08-05-2008, 02:56 PM
thanks for the advice... I think i'll look for a HSV in my price range... but that will all depend on what the BOSS (mrs) says... LOL...

Chris75
08-05-2008, 03:44 PM
thanks for the advice... I think i'll look for a HSV in my price range... but that will all depend on what the BOSS (mrs) says... LOL...

So what's your price range?

clubby 285
09-05-2008, 03:58 PM
:)HSV all the way bro...don't go the wannabe (as johno said) way..! in the end you will be a lot happier with the real thing.!:)