PDA

View Full Version : Another Newby, VE GTS in SA

E-Series GTS
24-03-2008, 11:03 PM
G'day all, I took delivery of my first HSV three weeks ago, a GTS, already done 2500km in the first two weeks of having it. Bloody impressed with it is an understatement. I am looking at CAI and exhaust for it, was leaning towards the ORSSOM OTRCAI but since founds KPM in Adelaide who do their own CAI but it's not OTR, has anyone had any experience with these. Mainly the thing that is selling me is dyno testing before and after and also it's an Adelaide company.

Any answers/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Duane

NATTE-R8
25-03-2008, 03:04 AM
Cheers Duane, Nice GTS:D M8 Good on ya:)!!......My VE Clubby has a full KPM Stainless system, Headers 2 tips in 3 inch soundz mad u wont regret ,deep note etc 2 many 2 list ,also have the KPM stealth CAI,good gains also there,Check em out ,I have a video link in my ride under VE Zorst:D cheers mate have a good 1 ......NATTE-R8

clubby 285
26-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Gday duane, welcome to the forums. Nice ride m8, check out natte's sound clip ...sounds awesome! enjoy:)

E-Series GTS
26-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Thanks for that, I had a listen to Natte's sound clip and sounds bloody good. I've now booked in for a stealth cold air intake and 2 1/2 inch system with headers and dyno tune. I've been quoted $5,900, this sounds a bit rich to me, some feedback here would be great.

And as soon as I work out how o do my avatar I'll get the girl up there.

NATTE-R8
27-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Yep they r pricey aye:mad: ,4 that price I got the 3 inch system. CAI,VCM suite coudnt be any happier great job done:DWarning!!took the wife a while 2 get ova it :eek:but she did so its all good move on 2 next project..he..he..he:-D

NATTE-R8
27-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Will post a nutha vid soon az me mate gets his ass off his couch and does the camera work!! Tired SS owner:)catch up later......

go hrt
27-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Good to see another HSV on the road! Ive had mine for almost a year now and yes, the odometer reading does creep up without you knowing. Cant blame the driver or the car can you!

E-Series GTS
27-03-2008, 09:29 PM
You're right go hrt, can't blame either, I reckon that the car is there to be enjoyed. Natte, I know you're impressed with the 3 inch but have you found it too loud at times? That's the main thing pushing me towards 2 1/2.

Also what are the HSV exhaust manifolds like? Are they much better than standard Holden, is there going to be much of an improvement by going with the KPM headers - only reason I'm asking this is because of a difference of $1400 (that's headers and high flow cats).

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind spending the money but I'd rather find out beforehand that I didn't need to rather than after.