PDA

View Full Version : vx clubsport r8

walhsv
24-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Gday all, just joined up and an chasing some advice. I am buying a VX II Clubsport R8 after deciding that the wrx was too small for the missus and kids. I was hoping to get some feedback in regards to vehicle value, easy performance mods, common faults, or anything that you think i should know about this particular model before purchasing. It is dead standard, automatic, and has 149000Ks on the clock. I havent had much to do with these, until now i have owned all japanese cars. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers!

keano
05-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Gday all, just joined up and an chasing some advice. I am buying a VX II Clubsport R8 after deciding that the wrx was too small for the missus and kids. I was hoping to get some feedback in regards to vehicle value, easy performance mods, common faults, or anything that you think i should know about this particular model before purchasing. It is dead standard, automatic, and has 149000Ks on the clock. I havent had much to do with these, until now i have owned all japanese cars. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers!

hi, i just got my 2001 VXII R8 and i couldnt be happier, its an awsome car. i heard that the turtle shell engine cover absorbs too much heat so i took mine off and slapped some ls1 covers on but id like to know some of the faults with the clubby too so i can prevent.

clubby 285
08-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Mate the ls1 is one of the easiest engine's to modify and u dont have to spend a stupid amount to get good results. A s for auto's can't help ya there!!

Ask anyone here for the value side as im not too sure but there are alot of knowledgable blokes/females that can put you in the right direction.

I put a full 3" system inc headers/mafless tune/otrcai induction and got 40 rwkw increase and a gain of 150 kn torque, and still get 8ltr/100km's on the highway cruising..:)

Hope this helps !!

HRDHSV
08-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Theres a list of our car problems around here somewhere, look it up guys. easy mods are CAI, Exaust and a tune to get started should see somewhere between 220-250 rwKw depending on the tuner and software.

macca33
23-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I think, for the most and especially with HSVs, any engine problems would have been dealt with under warranty long ago, so I would imagine that you'd be right now.

For mods, exhaust/intake and custom tune will get you going quite well.

cheers and enjoy it,

Macca