PDA

View Full Version : Considering VE senator

HSV Rangie
11-10-2007, 09:07 AM
how are people finding these.

will be a lease probaly 4 year.

Anyone having issues with them.
whats the service like people are receiving.

has the car been reliable.

what have people been paying.

regards
Michael.

Melbourne.

mr happy
12-10-2007, 06:48 AM
i have owned one for a year now ,prior to that i owned a ba manual gt ,the senator is an amazing car ,would kill the ford in every area .i have had no issues really ,the tail lights seem to fog up a little in the sun which seems to be a wide spread issue and to be honest i cant feel any difference with mrc on or off , perfomance is crazy fuel consumption is good comfort is brilliant looks fantastic brakes are the best, auto works great its yet to have the first service ,i"m a fussy car owner ,and i"ve had a few cars ,including bmw"s this thing is the best for the money i"ve ever driven

HSV Rangie
12-10-2007, 12:04 PM
sounds promising.

just have convince myself it will be worth something in 3-4 years.

do around 50K per year.

Michael.

mr happy
19-10-2007, 07:26 AM
sounds promising.

just have convince myself it will be worth something in 3-4 years.

do around 50K per year.

Michael.

i hear what your saying ,its the way of the car industry these days ,i think nearly all cars drop value .the only way to minimise it is to buy a good small car like a corolla, and i"M not trying to be funny ,i believe its the way to avoid the big deprieciation ,however for now life"s too short ,i love the senator

HSV Rangie
19-10-2007, 09:33 AM
:)

waiting to see what sort of deals can be had.

couple of dealers trying to win the sale.

will be aquiring one ASAP.

either Evoke or nickel.

Michael.

SirHSV
19-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I would go the Evoke nice colour!! Let us know how you go with your purchase!!

Good luck mate!!

Carman
20-10-2007, 08:33 PM
I have had my senator for about 4-5 months now and I can honestly say it's a great car, it still turns heads.
The economy is good, im running 16.4 litres/100km compared with 17.8 on my last car (BA XR8 ) although that was a 4 speed. I have also had the issue mr happy mentioned above about the tail lights fogging, but thats rare and not something which bugs me tbh, I have to say I can definately feel a difference when the MRC is in performance mode, it realy firms the ride up a lot, the main thing I notice is there is virtually no rebound in the suspension with it on, it's a huge difference.

The car is simply brilliant value all round, if you have any specific questions just ask

The Black Mistress
21-10-2007, 03:47 PM
If you are really worried about depreciation get a 06VZ. They have already dropped by $25k and I think there a still a few new ones around. But really the reason you buy HSVs are for the passion. MR Happy is right man, life is too short. Buy the VE and you won't have any regrets. Maybe wait for the VE series 2 and buy the series 1 on runout if you like the VE platform.

You wont lose man especially when you fire her up in the morning and hear 6 litres purring away.

Good luck

Roonstain
02-11-2007, 03:41 PM
my old man has got one
he's had a few problems, had to have it in the shop for 2-3 weeks for a new steering column - problem of still unknown origin.
also had a voltage drop across the back seat - ended up that the holden service team think the dvd was taking up the voltage - made the battery go flat every day
since thats been fixed (bout 3 months ago now) it has been all good
cant expect perfection from the first cars in a new series
still turns heads everywhere it goes
weve had a guy who owns a brand new shelby mustang, f-150 SVT and a ML500 get excited at the look of the e series senator
good luck with the car mate(my old mans colour is the phantom - dont get a lighter colour, because the plastic bottom of the bodykit then looks like crap - u cant tell with the phantom colour)
cheers

SirHSV
28-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Can all new VE Senator owners please upload pics of your cars please???? We need pics of the VE Senators in the Gallery section ASAP I will soon get mine but all the rest of you please upload images.. Would love to see these cars uploaded on the forum...