PDA

View Full Version : What should i buy?? Please Help

rohhsv
29-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Hey all i am new to this forum and love what ive seen so far so thourght i would ask for some help, Im in the market for a new car and im undecided between a VX GTS and a GTS Coupe would like to get ur opinion on what would be better between the 2 and if there is much of a diff in performance??

cheers Roh

murph_fan51
30-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi,
Not much difference in the 2, it really just depends if you want 2 doors or 4. I would go for the GTS Sedan personally because the VX sedan looks great! The Coupe may have better re-sale value as it is rarer.

troytroy
30-07-2007, 06:31 PM
The biggest difference between your two choices is price. the VX GTS is, depending on Kilometers, (and most might be touching higher KM's now) is probably in the high 30k whilst the GTS coupe which came out in 2002? ish is still commanding in the high 40's + depending on Km's.

If you don't need a sedan (ie no kids) then go the Coupe as their Re-sale is very good and wont drop much further due to stopping of Monaro production, Being a HSV derivative and a rarer still GTS Re-sale will be the best of the best. VY GTS....as an aside,are reasonably rare because they were special order only from the VYII.

Because the GTS models both get 3.9 dif ratios rather than the manual Clubsport 3.73 and both get the C4B 300Kw 510Nm engine...performance differences will be Sweet FA. I think the Coupe may get a slighter tighter steering rack but again not quite sure and either way driving the two wont be radically different.

rohhsv
31-07-2007, 01:29 PM
hey thx for your help on this one seems that both cars are pretty much on par with each other, slightly heading towards the coupe because there not as common and i cant seem to go past the 2 doors gotta love em.

MPRSV8
01-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Hey mate

My VX GTS will be hitting the market quite soon.

Its a 2000 model sedan, #26/300, Black, black leather, sunroof, 6sp, Sat Nav. Very very well looked after, serviced with quality opil every 5,000k's and the condition is immac inside and out. Its got a sports exhaust and tune by the very reputable Sam @ Sams performance, making a very healthy 350rwhp. It also comes with personalised plates VXGTS (silver on black).

If you want more info throw me a PM.

Personally i went the Sedan cos they look so much meaner than the coupe, and my old boy had a GTO coupe and the rear visability is consierably low and as the roof swoops in low on the windscreen I literally had to poke my head out the window to reverse park.

Photo's here:
http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthread.php?t=2938

Matt.