PDA

View Full Version : What are better???

jakul8
02-06-2007, 03:21 AM
hey all need to know opinions here, i'm going to install a sick system in my ute but am currently unsure wether to install some mb quartz splits or a pair of TS-C160R pioneer splits. i have always been a pineer fan but know that the mb quartz range is awesome. any opinions will be appreciated cheers

spikeyboy
02-06-2007, 11:14 AM
hmm is a touch one i heard a ute that was running a set of 6' hertz spiltz UN-beatable. i wouls scrap that idea and go hertz

martycash
02-07-2007, 12:45 AM
You will need to work out what sort of power handling you need
i myself have alpine type X , but im an old bastard at neally 40,
they are a beautiful sounding set of splits but at only 75w rms can be fryed put in the hands of someone who wants it LOUD.
I have just convinced a mate to buy a set of mbquartz premiums, i cant remember if they were 130 or 150 rms but they will handle alot, and would sound good in a ute, after all that, go the quartz

jakul8
12-07-2007, 09:16 PM
You will need to work out what sort of power handling you need
i myself have alpine type X , but im an old bastard at neally 40,
they are a beautiful sounding set of splits but at only 75w rms can be fryed put in the hands of someone who wants it LOUD.
I have just convinced a mate to buy a set of mbquartz premiums, i cant remember if they were 130 or 150 rms but they will handle alot, and would sound good in a ute, after all that, go the quartz

they sound like the sort of power i'm after martycash, i know the pioneers are up ion that range as well, any ideas on price for the quartz premiums??

martycash
17-07-2007, 12:20 AM
sorry i took so long getting back, work away

we got some from alberts hifi here in perth for around $600

quite pricey hey?, if you can hold out i will be fitting them to his car in two weeks when we fly back home on break, i can tell you then if they are worth it, if too pricey try alpine type r's or the pioneers.