PDA

View Full Version : A good cheap P plater car?

tommy2515
29-05-2007, 07:10 PM
hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone got some ideas of some 6k max HSV's that would be a half decent car to start on? Manual preferably. I just got my P's, and looking at a 1st car but trying not to drain my bank account.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

tommy

lowgto
30-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Mate i dont like your chances. You might be able to find a slightly damaged VN VR but i wouldnt be holding your breath, good luck!!!

murph_fan51
30-05-2007, 09:00 PM
How much are HSV Astras these days, I know its missing 4 cylinders but it is still an HSV...

spikeyboy
31-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Cops enjoy them, Iv had my Maloo for nearly 2 years now and iv pretty much lost my licence not from driving like a ****head but things like no P plates displayed, driving hi powered vehicle. the list

High powered vehicle.
High powered vehicle.
High powered vehicle.
High powered vehicle. had to go to court for this one.
No P plates.
No P Plates.

and thats why I have 1 GOLDEN point left i turn 21 at the end of JUNE

we have a cop in melbourne called Peddit.
he pulls over anything that has a P on it and that isnt STOCK

to answer your question my mate bought an old VN Maloo for 4,000
pretty clapped out needed some engine work but looked the part.
you might be able to find something like that.

HSVDVL
03-06-2007, 10:08 PM
mate i doubt youll find any kind of hsv for 6k. in your price range you could get a clean vn/vp ss or maybe a vr calais or somthing. for 6k youll also be lucky to find a manual too. any kind of hsv ls1 is gonna set you back 17k minimum. for instance im selling my manual vs clubby for 11-12k.

medz84
09-06-2007, 10:52 AM
could go for like an sv3800 in the vp ?? there a good ol unit then update to a ss or better when you get off your ps and have a few mopre dollars